This is just messed up!

manufan15 said:
That does suck. I would hate if that happened to me, although my wii sometimes suddenly won't connect to the internet, and then its fine a day after...

that might be a router/'net problem, not your wii

MRCOOLGH said:
well Microsoft made the 360 that are out in stores now to be defected and break down after a year or less to rip others off.

So that's why they EXTENDED the warranty to 3 years? :lol:

MRCOOLGH said:
wii has its custom OS like the DS and they dont even have an I.P. adress so you cant track them or anything so thats why the wii cant get a virus.

Huh? If you're routing to a device across an IP based network (which was the protocol the web/browser uses last time I checked), the device HAS an IP - networking 101.

Really I know you probably mean well, but you should really fact check your posts before spreading inaccurate information. :yesnod:

[DT] said:
Huh? If you're routing to a device across an IP based network (which was the protocol the web/browser uses last time I checked), the device HAS an IP - networking 101.
Right! I was getting to that but you beat me to it. :)

For the Wii to become "infected" it still requires that the malicious code to be able to execute on the host system. It is known that the Broadway processor is of the PowerPC 750 family, however unless Nintendo releases official Nintendo viruses, there is really no chance of infection unless the home brew boys figure out the encryption scheme finally. Even then it still has no real chance to execute remotely so the corruption would remain local.

This is such a bummer! I haven't heard of this kind of thing happening before.
I hope you get some compensation for your troubles :(

Back