Nintendo is really quick!!!

That and how popular the product is... if it was in the first few weeks of launch i would say it might be possibal to get everythign new...

This far into it they already have set aside set amount for replacement units ... It sounds more like very few have had an issue, and some people have good or bad luck depending on the stock of them getting repaired at that time...

Lets say they set aside 100 new units for replacement of initial repair units

If you send yours in after the first initial 100 units were sent out and they are now sending out repaired units of the first 100 broken ones.
Now lets say you sent yours in then durring an up time of "broken ones" then you might have to wait for your unit or one that came in before your units time frame to get fixed and sent back...

If there were alot getting fixed then it would be first come first serve and you would most likely be getting someones already fixed unit from weeks ago.
Of course there are probably some broken beyond repair units in there so a few new ones will get tossed into the mix now and again, but they are going to try to keep replacement investment at a minimum.

And with the Wii shortage in most the world they are going to try to keep most of the new Wii's on the shelf. The few people that have problems just have to hope for good timming. Sucks but thats how it works for the majority of electronics.

jimbo said:
^ i dont see the point in the wii jakets and secondly it is fast look at microsoft they take like a month to fix 360's

Untrue, thats not an average time. The time it takes usually has nothing to do with the company itself. It has to do with the company thats delivering (UPS/Fedex) and how far away the destination points are at.

I don't know how Nintendo does it, but Microsoft sends you a box with foam and wrapping for you to send it in. They also give you the paper you stick on the outside to send it back to them free of charge.

Sony made me send my PS2 myself back when it broke once. Since my Nintendo consoles have never broke, I don't know how they do it.

It took them 3 days to send me the Box from Texas to Augusta, GA. I sent it off yesterday so im guessing they will recieve it by friday or next monday since UPS does not deliver on weekends(I think).

Since the gaming companies keep new consoles or repaired consoles on standbye, they are likely going to open my box, read what the problem is, test it, then just replace it right there then send it out again. So my prediction is ill get it back by the end of next week (friday) or the monday after that.

So most of the time it has to do with the courier taking so long and the fact that they do not deliver on weekends.

So for me im predicting 3 weeks for the whole process including waiting for them to send me the box. Ive heard of people who only take 2 weeks because they live closer. Of course some longer, I imagine people in NY take a while.

when i check the repair online, it has a new serial number, which means a new wii. When i called the guy said its probably a refurbished one...when i tracked it, it says its coming in tomorrow. amazing. i think this was super fast... Hopefully it will work perfectly!!

Wiitime said:
I sent in my wii January 28th. Got an e-mail today saying they shipped it back out.. Incredible. Thats is so quick. Im pretty sure they didnt even bother to try to fix it.. They are sending me a refurbished one.. When i sent it in, i had a note with a bunch of problems, little or big. My guess is, they saw it and said, get a refurbished one... lol.. But anyways, thats so quick!!!

They are indeed fast. I had my new Wii in the my hands within two days of making the phone call to set up the replacement. That's pretty darn fast. They must have shipped it out the same day of the call.

i think its fast because Wii's failure rate is pretty small from what i know, so they do not have millions of broken wii's coming in. Where as for xbox 360, everyday they get a LOT of them back and takes a lot longer. Same for PS3 when my PS3 broke i called them up, within 2 days i got the box to ship it back in and exactly 7 days later when i got home a new PS3 was sitting by the door :D

Back