Customer Service Options?

unacart

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2008
Hi, like many others during this holiday season, my Wii has been going through disk error problems. Since it's over a month old, it cannot be replaced by the store. I do want to call customer service and find out what my options are but decided to ask here first.

So if I describe my disk error situation, would they just suggest a repair? I've heard others given refurbished ones. Or would they just recommened to clean the disk and other useless suggestions like that?

Or should I call at all? My wii is still reading the games about 60% of the time, but I'm quiet annoyed that my brand new wii and new disks are having problems. I know that I'm putting it in correctly and the disks are not scratched at all.

You should call them, most likely it'll just get worse as time goes on.

Ask them about your replacement options and whether you get a refurb, new, or your original repaired.

Is there anyway to get a refurbished instead of a repair? This way, i will not risk of a repaired wii getting damaged somewhere down the line. How would they judge the damage of a wii and what to do with it?

Like I said, my Wii works about 60% of the time. When it does not work, it makes the weired sound of reading the disk. I suppose the disk drive was somehow damaged during shipping or it could be an error in manufacturing.

Back