wii disk drive still loud.

zappyisfun

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
i sent my wii into nintendo and just got it back. it says they replaced my cd drive.

well i just put a game in and its still loud!!!!! i can hear it spinning like 5 feet away.

and it never stops intill i take the disk out. it sounds like a computer fan for your CPU. is this normal???

anyone have any videos of there wii while a disk is in so i can see if mine is normal? i really dont feel like calling nintendo again.

i also wrote on the note that my eject button was stuck but they did not fix that. damn.

do you think my soda spill could of broke my wii and i now need a new one?

here's what the note says when i got it back.
service performed,
cleaned,tested and inspected all components these items have been repaired or replaced.
REPLACED DISK DRIVE MECHANISM.

so something was wrong with my wii? but why is it still doing it.

Last edited:
check it with another game.. perhaps you're testing it with the same disc that's slightly warped?

My Wii started making LOUD noise spinning discs a month or two ago and I called Nintendo customer service (a real person answered the phone!) and they said to send it in for repairs and they'd transfer my game data if it needed a new drive or whatever. But I just didn't feel like doing it so I waited... sure enough a couple weeks later it stopped reading discs at all. Now I had no choice, but in only FIVE business days I had a brand new Wii back from Nintendo with my game data all fine... even my VC game data was all there.

Maybe waiting until it dies would have got you a new one instead of a not very repaired one? Worth a try - and by the SOUND of things for you, it may die sooner rather than later. Hey at least you get another one back FAST... at least I did.

I also sent mine in for the loud, buzzing disc drive. I actually just did the advanced replacement and had a new Wii in 2 days after calling it in and then just sent my old one in.

Though, I believe the "new" Wii is actually a refurbished Wii, as are all of them coming from the repair facilities, from what I understand.

That was at the end of July. Now my second Wii is starting to get loud again and clicks A LOT (way more than it did before); it also seems to take longer to get the discs up and running. I'll just wait it out and see if it gets worse.

Nintendo needs to get their act together. I've owned almost every console from Atari 2600 until the Wii (and sometimes multiples of some of them), and the Wii is the ONLY one to fail on me.

Back