This Just In..Wii Music and Fitness Gamed Due this Fall

markmanuel18

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
Taken From Gamespot
who took it from Source: Greek gaming site Contra.gr.

What we heard: Before the lights had dimmed at Nintendo's press briefing at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo, the audience was already excited. However, when Shigeru Miyamoto took to the stage, the crowd, as they say, went wild.

Adding to the excitement was the fact the legendary game designer was in a full tuxedo with tails. Using a Wii Remote, he conducted an orchestra of Mii avatars performing a symphony on a gigantic screen, evoking thunderous applause. Later, the game, titled Wii Music, was demoed on the E3 show floor, and reportedly appeared in European Nintendo release schedules as coming out sometime this year.

However, four and a half months into 2007, the exact release dates of many high-profile games, such as Super Mario Galaxy, remain unknown. For Wii Music, though, the window may have closed somewhat. According to an interview on Contra.gr partially translated by a Joystiq reader, a Greek game executive pegged Wii Music as arriving at the "end of the year." He said the game would allow players to conduct the entire orchestra as well as control individual musicians. Players can reportedly create their own songs, which "might" be sharable with others via the WiiConnect24 online service.

The Contra.gr interview also apparently reveals a new hybrid game/network service called the "Health Pack." It claims the game will act as a personal trainer of sorts, guiding users through specific exercises. It will also apparently collect "biometric" data, which will be uploaded to an as-yet unannounced Wii Health channel. According to the story, said data will then be uploaded to "hospitals" contracted by Nintendo to provide "checkups." Summaries of the checkups would then be sent back to the Wii user via WiiConnect24.

The official story: When contacted by GameSpot, Nintendo of America reps claimed to have "no information" on either game and declined comment.

Bogus or not bogus?: Given its obvious mass appeal, a holiday release date for Wii Music is a no-brainer. As for the Health Pack, the notion certainly fits into Nintendo's current Wii-as-workout messaging, most recently evidenced by the company's donation of the scarce console to YMCAs. Also, if the "checkups" are simple physical fitness assessments of weight-height ratios--which can be easily entered via a few data points--such a service is perfectly plausible.

Sales will be over the roof if this 2 games comes out.....all music majors will be sure to get a wii, personal trainers will get a wii, hospitals will support wii's, gyms will support wii...............It should soon outhrow Xbox 360 at this rate.;) :ciappa:

Last edited:
anyone know if they are any talks of some kinda download or new version of the wii that plays DVDS....also whhen do we get black wiis?

Well I hope they take out a Singstar thpe game with a mic attatchment and have downloadable songs. This would be great.

I wounder how much they will cost. I mean they sound fun but worth 50 bucks? I think not.

I'd pay $40 for the health pack, if its fifty I'll suck it up because its #1 on my most wanted list. If Wii Music is $30 I'd consider it.

I will definetly be picking up wiihealth. Im a gym rat if you'd like to stereotype me as that...Wii Music? No, not my thing.

Anyone thinking they might be pulling a wiiplay type thing with these two games? Or maybe a different type of freebe? Possibly they could even make the channel in the game. I would definetly buy all the games if you could download a channel from them, even if I were never to use the channel, I would still buy the game just to have it, as would many others I presume. I think that would be a good idea.

Darnit.

They need to release good games eveyr now and then, rather than make us all hold our money hoping that they release the games!

But I'll be looking into both of these games~

LevesqueIsKing said:
I would definetly buy all the games if you could download a channel from them, even if I were never to use the channel, I would still buy the game just to have it, as would many others I presume. I think that would be a good idea.
def agree

Wii music looks fun but im not getting it when it 1st comes out

Health pack sounds fun though and very interactive way to work out would b cool

I can imagine a running in place race

well I wanted to get the wii music.....but I just remembered I could not read music much less compose (shoulda taken my music class more seriously).....lol

I want both the music and the health games... I think of them as a dinner out in a nice restaurant (not even THAT nice!) times two and I get to enjoy them more than once or twice and I didn't have to get dressed up for them or make reservations... I know $50+ is a lot for a game, but we don't think that much of blowing $50 for dinner do we?

It's hard to pay $50 or $60 for a game when you remember paying $15 or $20 at the most but when you compare it to other things you can do "for an evening" it doesn't really seem so bad, so that's what I do to talk myself into buying games and feeling they're worth the high price. They have to be good tho, I don't wanna pay that much for junk games or crappy food, either one.

Any news on when we get mariokart(wii edition) and Donkey kong(wii edition)

There is no news whatsoever on mario kart for wii, there is no proof it will even exist. Donkey Kong bongo blast is the only donkey kong game i've heard of.

Back