Nintendo Says Wii Just As Strong A Xbox 360, PS3

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
London (dbTechno) - Nintendo has come out and stated that they strong believe that the longevity or life-span of the Nintendo Wii is just as strong as that of the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PS3.

Nintendo UK manager David Yarnton came out and stated in a recent interview with MCVUK that he believes t he Wii will continue to have high demand and support from third-party publishers.

He cited a huge upcoming line-up for the Wii which includes the likes of “Mario Kart” and “Wii Fit” leading the pack.

He also stated that games such as Brain Training will keep gamers interested as well.

He stated “We are confident as is possible that Wii has a solid future.”

He touted the fact that the Wii has become the top selling next-gen console in the U.K. and abroad thus far.

well well well link

game makers would be crazy not creating new games for the Wii, as long as they are good games. It is the most popular console out there and there's alot of money to be made.

Due to it's reputation, it is stronger that the other 2 consoles, not equal!

Yep so far it's the only system people are actually looking to buy. This was obviously engineered for the N4g forums so that they can pat each other on the back about HD gaming and say it's so far beyond any thing else whens it's just some PC graphics with console developers making PC games for control pads.

What is funny is those same guys are only talking about 2 or three games yet there is a lot of games to come. Then too I feel the VC is crushing the other guys, hey but thats me.

27bluenote said:
game makers would be crazy not creating new games for the Wii, as long as they are good games. It is the most popular console out there and there's alot of money to be made.

couldn't agree more.

with all its popularity its a shame it can't compete with the SAME games 360 and ps3 and releasing (I.E. rainbow six vegas, COD4 ect) because if it could it would be the only system you'll ever need

WiitnessID said:
Yep so far it's the only system people are actually looking to buy. This was obviously engineered for the N4g forums so that they can pat each other on the back about HD gaming and say it's so far beyond any thing else whens it's just some PC graphics with console developers making PC games for control pads.

What is funny is those same guys are only talking about 2 or three games yet there is a lot of games to come. Then too I feel the VC is crushing the other guys, hey but thats me.
and pc is the #1 platform, so obviously people like pc games.

Does this mean they have plans to make more games to carry the Wii's lifespan as long as the other consoles. I hope so, because having only 4 or 5 good games a year isn't going to cut it.

Big_League_Slugger said:
:rolleyes:

Give me a few more "good" games and I'll agree.

Devil may cry 4, Assassins creed, (even tho its older) need for speeds, GTA 4, GOW, mass effect, lost planet, motorstorm, F.E.A.R. ECT.

I am glad the RE and manhunts to hit Wii tho

Sovieto said:
and pc is the #1 platform, so obviously people like pc games.

That and the fact you almost have to have a PC to get along with everyday life these days... paying bills online,e-mail,pictures,home movies, ect. ect.. the list goes on and on... its a convience thing if anything and PC games usually end up being cheeper alot even free when it comes to quick online gaming like pool,chess, ect.

Top purchased PC games are very popular and usually exclusive games like The Sims,Doom,World of Warcraft.. Some of these games have made it to the console world but with little success and much less controlls wise, you need a PC to experience it fully. So its in different market all its own for the most part.

Still the top 10 worldwide sold games of all time are from Console/Handheld games. PC is just the most common thing to find in any home and is the most popular platform because of this. If games are played on it or not they all have games included for the most part. Most arn't made for gaming it's just a perk.

Just think if Toaster's could play games :lol: :lol: Get a Demo in every Wonder Bread bag.

CantGetAWii said:
Does this mean they have plans to make more games to carry the Wii's lifespan as long as the other consoles. I hope so, because having only 4 or 5 good games a year isn't going to cut it.

They did say they were gonna ramp up the 1st party support now that DS is getting 3rd party support. They are gonna switch there own game developers into Wii mode instead of split 50/50 between the Wii and DS untill Wii gets better support then they will probably work on a new handheld again i would guess.

But what are they gonna bring thats new? Thats all i want to know are they gonna come out with some intresting 1st party or more of the same thing? I like Nintendo games but they could go in a different direction now and again, and i dont mean endless ocean..lol

People always say a console (360/PS3) is just a PC with a gamepad.

But thats the case with all consoles so I duno why people try to attack one console by saying that. Wii is a "old" PC with motion controls. While 360/PS3 is a "new" PC with gamepad controls.

Who cares? Wii is selling more, 360 is in 2nd, PS3 is third.

No one knows which console is suddenly going to stop selling or which will come out on top.

But I think regardless of the games, Wii will stay strong because the Wii is marketed nicely.

becuse the wii is selling well dosen't make it strong, i know game developers be stupid not to makes games for the wii but atm were probarly the weakest

Back