THQ: wii hasnt won yet

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
The Wii's dominance of the home console market won't last forever, reckons THQ boss Brian Farrell, who predicts a more even fight to develop in the future.

Farrell banks on price drops and big game launches to help MS and Sony catch up to Nintendo's storming console.

"...the way we're thinking about this cycle from a high level is, the Wii at that lower price-point had a lot of momentum early in the cycle," stated Farrell at the Morgan Stanley Conference, according to Kotaku.

"But as Sony and Microsoft come down the price curve, those two should accelerate, and there's a lot of firepower left in their arsenal..." he continued.

Sounds about right to us, and one such price drop for 360 could be just around the corner.

source: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184077

Like a comment on the article we shouldn't worry about who's "winning the war." We as gamers should be glad when a good game comes out, regardless if it's on the "losing" system. Take a look at last Gen, GC had some good game even though it sells weren't comparable to PS2.

I can understand why developers want to know who'll "win" so they can develop their game on that system and make money. But for me I could careless the result. If a system has a nice line up of games I want I'll get it : )

Its going to be decided in 2008 really. Each company has big things planned, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Wii Price drop won't come till 2009 most likely.

i dont think we will see a price drop on the wii until the other colours come out. but i do agree with all the coments above.

The opinion of THQ hmm..

Lets see the best selling game they have had is Rugrats:search for Reptar for PS1 and it is just over 3 million. ha ha that says it all right there!

The only thing they sell well at is the Wrestling and Disney games. And for the most part that fan base will be on the Wii, lol so they better hope it wins for there own pocket books sake.

I would take more intrest in a well researched 5th grader than that of a THQ management.

wezeles said:
The opinion of THQ hmm..

Lets see the best selling game they have had is Rugrats:search for Reptar for PS1 and it is just over 3 million. ha ha that says it all right there!

The only thing they sell well at is the Wrestling and Disney games. And for the most part that fan base will be on the Wii, lol so they better hope it wins for there own pocket books sake.

I would take more intrest in a well researched 5th grader than that of a THQ management.

"Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"

wezeles said:
Only durring summer vacation. I'd still put myself a notch above a THQ exec. :lol:

LOL I wasnt asking you the question. it was just a general statement. nice job on the answer. i respect u.

vashivihan said:
LOL I wasnt asking you the question. it was just a general statement. nice job on the answer. i respect u.

I know I'm just messing around... Now all I can picture is me on stage with Jeff Foxworthy lol

The only thing good I can think of by THQ...might be "de Blob" which looks sweet and should hit Wii this year. Other than that I can't think of one AAA game published by them.

Back