~To Bring down Spammers~

he would end up banning everyone in the site, just to destroy the site..that will never happen

Do we really need another one of these threads? *remembers a time when he would have actually liked to mod*

actually the name of the thread is "To bring down Spammers" not ( Lets vote for new mods) the whole point of this thread is to tell people what to do when Spammers attack...quit frankly this Thread is off topic with the Mod talk...I just want to make it clear to everyone what they can do when a Spammer attacks that's it

On topic now.

Its hard to ignore them how you said in number 3. Besides, if we do ignore them, chances are that the spammer(s) will just spread out even further throughout the forums. Making it even harder to ignore them, and we all know there will be those members who wont ignore the spamer. (We are all at fault for that as demon slayer said)

But the best idea in this case, would be to try and keep them in one forum/thread as someone said earlier until they are banned.

I just lol with them. It's not like you can do anything about it anyways.... :lol:

just look at the times they posted, like this one guy on a cubs board posted crap about his sox(50 percent sure he was a sox fan) at 5 pm. i went out and saw a movie, came back at 10-11 and saw that the guy was still posting. we pointed out that 6 hrs of posting crap meant he had no friends and he stopped. it hurt him inside:lol:.

ARav989 said:
On topic now.

Its hard to ignore them how you said in number 3. Besides, if we do ignore them, chances are that the spammer(s) will just spread out even further throughout the forums. Making it even harder to ignore them, and we all know there will be those members who wont ignore the spamer. (We are all at fault for that as demon slayer said)

But the best idea in this case, would be to try and keep them in one forum/thread as someone said earlier until they are banned.

Yeah sure, lets ask the spammer, hey dude do you mind staying in this section only?

Seriously tho, how are you going to contain the spammer in one section, he can spread out at his will, we have no power over that. Spammers want attention, if we ignore them yes they will spread out but in the end we just won't care about them. Look at the most recent spammer, he got bored and stopped.

Exactly like Cpt.McCloud Said, we don't have this special power to keep them locked in one thread...best way is to ignore them, i know it's hard, but if you have a better idea, that is actually possible, please post it.

ahmed2 spamed the pokemon thred on the ds. can some one ban him he but sex comments and some others stuff on thanks

thanx for the thread demon slayer

maybe now people can help clean wiichat without depending on MODs

Mitch2025 said:
If you respond to any posts by the guy who keeps signing up and posting sex themed posts, YOU WILL GET A 1 WEEK BAN. NO EXCUSE! All this is doing it encouraging him to post more and more.

I think that rule is like the best Rule Ever..lol...This time it makes sure That everyone will ignore a Spammer like "Penis" or "pen15-love" So Thanks Mitch thats an Awesome Rule...

Back