to mod or not to mod that is the Question

anthonybest1

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
3428-8826-2456-3690
should i get a mob chip for my wii i have no idea how to put it in(sounds like my old girlfriend)but i know it will be good to have one in or is there a soft mod that will not brick my wii

I would say you can get it and pay to have it installed, but what does the chip do?

they let you play backed up games and run emulators on your wii but if the chip is put in wrong your wii will be bricked meaning it will not work

I would say go for it, but have the store you buy it from put it in for you, max it could cost of installation is 40$

FWIW...

...being able to burn huge numbers of games is NOT all it's cracked up to be. You wind up burning a ton of junk that only provides an hour or two of distraction and you dilute the value of the good games.

I'd also consider that unlike previous generation machines (like the PS2 and GC), the WII is constantly getting firmware updates (I'd assume a HUGE number of them are networked or will be) - seems like an ever increasing risk for Nintendo to do something against modified machines (not unlike the constant downstream thumpers sat companies like DTV send out).

If you don't have a reasonable level of soldering experience, I'd say the chances are high of ruining your machine are high.

For the record I do NOT have our Wii modified and don't advocate breaking any laws.

I would say. N.O. Because, i have heard way to many times someone moding it and then they're wii stop working. So no

no you shouldn't mod your wii since nintendo will probobly find some way to mess your wii up and besides you should buy the games instead of stealing them

Elfman said:

?? I am sure Nintendo will do the same as Microsoft did. It will ban all internetusers who have a MODChp installed. It isn´t difficult to know if your Wii has a MODChip or not. So as soon as your Wii connects to the Internet Nintendo will ban you.....

And also, as previous stated in other messages, if you have all the games, do you really apreciate every game? I don´t think so.

But let us make a deal, when you are banned from the internet, please post message so we all can laugh at all you people who have modded there Wii.....:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Modding the Wii is a great idea >__>
If you have a modded system, you've added a bit of your own touch to the system, and most likely worked out some bugs Nintendo left in it.

Don't go around laughing at people who mod their systems. I also highly doubt Nintendo can just "check" your hardware over the net, unless they have their own chip(like the Xbox 360) That detects it, and self destructs, destroying a wire needed to mod it.

D S said:
Modding the Wii is a great idea >__>
If you have a modded system, you've added a bit of your own touch to the system, and most likely worked out some bugs Nintendo left in it.

Don't go around laughing at people who mod their systems. I also highly doubt Nintendo can just "check" your hardware over the net, unless they have their own chip(like the Xbox 360) That detects it, and self destructs, destroying a wire needed to mod it.

Checking your hardware is as easy getting an IP from a Hotmail user. They can ban your MAC, and as your MAC number is unique in the whole world they can ban you.

Just like using for example a cracked .EXE for a PC game. You won´t play the game again in internet is using the crackec one.

If people MOD there Wii, it doesn´t interest me. Just don´t think your superior because you can play all the "Pirate"games. Don´t call them backups. The games you play with a MODchip are pirate ones. With other words, you STEAL other peoples earning money.

People these day think they only have to pay for the system + a chip and then that the rest (the games/aplications) are free. I own 10 Wiigames since the launchdate (9/12) and I think every game is worth its money. Althought It would have been cheaper to buy a CHIP and make Copies, I rather have the originals......

Oh. to come back to the question of this Thread..... I wouldn´t mod the Wii, I rather would interchange your games with your friends.... This way you also can play a lot of games, without breaking up your account.

arven said:
you guys are pussies mod your wii man it pwnz

Please explain. Cause you give me the impression of being a brad who just logs on to insult people.....

The idea of a forum is to help/inform people about the product. So if something asks something you explain your opinion. Not by insulting people and telling "mod your Wii".

Back