Two new N64 games rated by the ESRB; neither are SSB?

Stalky

WiiChat Member
May 20, 2007
Hull, England
I've been looking forward to the release of Super Smash Bros on the Virtual Console for a long time, and I'd resigned myself to believing it'd be released the week before the regional releases of Super Smash Bros Brawl in each region; in the same way Super Metroid preceded the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. However, I just read the following article that notes that 1080 Snowboarding and Cruisin' USA have both just been confirmed for imminent release on the VC in the USA by being rated by the ESRB. Now, I understand that N64 games are released roughly once per month - and it's exactly four weeks until the release of SSBB in the USA. Does this mean SSB will not be coming out in the immediate future?

http://wii.qj.net/ESRB-rates-1080-Snowboarding-and-Cruis-n-USA-for-Wii/pg/49/aid/111455

I'd like to hear your thoughts; I, for one, am not impressed.

Expect it on U.S. VC on either January 20, 27, or February 3. Nintendo power basically confirmed that much.

I'm not sure when Europe will see it. Saying as they may not get Brawl until after Summer...

Last edited:
nic7 said:
Nostalgia. Simple as that.

Simple. :-/

I probably won't get it though.

Too bad "Super Mario All-Stars + World" may never come out. :(

That's the only way I'll buy it.
SMAS+W.

Ah yes, I was aware 1080 Snowboarding and Cruis'n USA were on their way. The former is out in Japan this month, which leads me to suspect it's the next N64 game for the rest of us too.

Back