UK Nintendo Stars For Wii Points: A well thought out plan?

Tjharwin

Resident Evil Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
1411-7270-4122-1402
I've been waiting eagerly for Nintendo UK to finally release Wii Points in the "Stars Catalogue," and it seems that I've been waiting longer than I hoped. Alas, the reason we are waiting has finally struck me, and here is my theory. Nintendo want to give away as less points for free as they can, and they have a scheme in which to do that. This theory shall be explained in a number of questions:

Q. How many Wii Points will you get for how many Stars?

A. It is stated on the Nintendo Of Europe site that "In the Stars Catalogue smaller fractions of Wii Points will also be available. " So Nintendo are encouraging you to buy Wii Points the old fashioned way in order to get more instead of using your Star points on them. Why not have 500 stars for 500 points? The likely hood will be something closer to 3,000 Stars for 1,000 Wii Points, which doesn't give you a lot of spending money.

Q. Why is the Wii Points for Stars system being delayed?

A. Well, in my opinion, Nintendo are counting their profits right now for Wii Points sold through both cards and online through the Wii Shop Channel. Once they start to see a slight decrease in the amount of points selling, they pull this trick out of their hat, raising the use of the Wii Shop Channel and raising their profits. Once users have spent all their Stars on Wii Points, they will have no choice but to pay good hard earned cash for the few games they couldn't get hold of.

Q. Stars for Virtual Console games and applications you download? What's up with that?

Good question, what is up with that? Nintendo are giving away Star points for everything you buy on the Wii Shop Channel, but hang on a minute. Doesn't that mean that by buying Virtual Console titles, you can receive Star points, to buy Wii Points, to buy more Virtual Console titles? It seems we have hit a loop hole here. Funnily enough, I still haven't received Star points for the Opera Web Browser I downloaded, but instead it says and I quote "Thank you for downloading
'Internet Channel.' You will soon be able to claim your stars here.
" Why haven't I received my stars yet? Is there going to be a change of plan?

Maybe this whole thing is a conspiracy, or maybe I'm just paranoid. What do you think?

Last edited:
Silent-Sniper said:
Oh also you say 3000 stars for 1000 wii points, I highly doubt that lmfao.

I do also. I was just saying that out of the blue.

My actual estimate would be something closer to 5000 stars for 1000 points, or 2500 stars for 500 points. If DS games go for £25 and they can be purchased for 5000 points, then shouldn't Wii points costing £15 go for less possibly? Hmm, I don't know, only estimated guesses can be made.

This system will NEVER be out in America, because you don't have star points which we have had for over 2 years now, probably 3-4. Meaning they were given away with GBA's, DS's, Gamecube games and more. You can't jump into this system now, it's too late. America is too big of a country for people to be spending virtual money on actual items, they would sell out in literally minutes. Whereas in the UK they sell out a little slower.

is there anywere i can buy points online and put the code in the "add wii points"the same day...ps i dont have a credit card just debit....?

are u talking about wii points?

you go onto the shopping channel and you go to purchase wii points and u put in your debit card #... orrr
you go to a store with cash and buy a wii points card then take that wii points card online to the shopping channel and redeem your points :thumbsup:

vincentvega said:
i think in wii shop credit card only:(

Boy that sucks, I only have a debit card :|

Oh well, I have 5,295 stars on the Nintendo UK site ready to spend 100% on Wii Points and not crappy phone wallpapers/ringtones.

Back