UK TV Adverts Disappointing

sparc

Banned
Nov 23, 2006
Liverpool, UK
I don't watch a lot of television so the number of Wii adverts I've caught have been few but I still manage to see a far greater number of XBox360 and PSP. Also they've only really been teasers, close ups of the remote in hand.

I expected a big push in this final week and it's not happened. The Wii Champions League football is on now and this is when they should be making their mark. My mother's friends and people she works with still don't know what is it and if you've failed to get through the marketing hasn't accomplished much.

To be honest with the pre-order situation as it is, coupled with the news stories, I don't think the Wii needs much more advertising here.

I'm in the US i also din't see the massive amountof commercial that I expected but i was just think maybe they dont need it at the moment everywhere it is sold out it in Japan it sold out and will sel out in AUS and UK.Maybe the advertizing is for for when sales slow down or at least for when they have enough to supply the demand. The stores here have list so that tehy can contact you when they get some in and the lists look pretty big. I got mine at launch i slept outside a store with plenty of other people.
It was funny to see people show up when the store open thinking they could just go in and buy one. Even all the big shipemt are not enough compared to the demand.

Yeah, the Australian ads are probably the worst. They don't describe the system, they don't show gameplay, they don't show the console. It's just a Wiimote for about 10 seconds and a really bad voice-over.

I can't really complain though, as I had originally assumed there would be no ads for the Wii here at all. At least, there were never any for the GameCube. Or any system really. That I saw anyway.

Back