Umm why is getting to play Halo 3 Beta so hard?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
This is from GameSpot "

Well, that "later time" was today. Microsoft confirmed that specially marked boxes of Crackdown will include Halo 3 beta keys. Crackdown will be available in North America on February 20.

The final way to get into the beta test is through the "Rule of Three" program. From February 1-3, gamers in the US who play three hours of Halo 2 over Xbox Live will qualify for entry. The first 13,333 gamers who have played Halo 2 over Xbox Live during the specified time period and who register at the Halo 3 Web site will be entered into the beta program. Gamers outside of the US should stay tuned for details on the "Rule of Three" program in their regions.

Only gamers with an Xbox 360 and a valid Xbox Live Gold membership will be considered for the program."

Ok so I have to buy a game and get a 360 Gold Membership by Feb third and be one of the first people to sign up to play a Demo??? Ummmm sounds like Fame has gotten to Bungie's head. I was going to get the 360 when the Halo 3 demo came out but not know, there's no point becuase I have to play 60 bucks for some game I dont want then maybe if I get luckly get to download a demo??? This is why I hate Mircosoft they take your money from you and even then you might not get the Demo??? That sucks just give us the damn Demo instead of beng asses about the one game that they have and is good. Well thats all i wanted to say.

yah i could care less about crackdown, the graphics suck on it anyways, ive been trying to look into it but im just not interested, + i could care less about halo 3 but whatever

thats only for the people that didnt get to sign up at halo3.com when they had the first showing of the H3 comercial (i know. i cant spell). i was one of the first few hundred because i found the sign up sheet before it was supposed to be accessable and bungie said whoever signed up early are still able to get it :)

I say you should buy a specially marked box of crackdown and get access to the beta.. I think crackdown is supposed to be really good... Like grand theft auto but you are the good guy.

Yes, and just to clarify, you can either by Crackdown OR play halo 2 for 3 hours AND sign up on bungie to get the Halo 3 beta test. I already have my copy of Crackdown on reserve so I'm good! :ihih:

Doesn't anyone think its cheap to shamelessly promote crackdown so people will only buy it for the halo 3 code and then have loads of crackdown copies in the preowned bin later?

Crackdown is a game in which microsoft gaming studios added in, like halo:
for halo to become popular it game with every xbox. Sooo everyone would play it and it was a success .Now Crackdown a game that has had a lot of money put into, now microsofts method to make people buy a game is to scam them to buy a good game. It's there method and it's gonna work.... extremly well!:p :yesnod: :wink:

Hybrid said:
Crackdown is a game in which microsoft gaming studios added in, like halo:
for halo to become popular it game with every xbox. Sooo everyone would play it and it was a success .Now Crackdown a game that has had a lot of money put into, now microsofts method to make people buy a game is to scam them to buy a good game. It's there method and it's gonna work.... extremly well!:p :yesnod: :wink:
halo didnt come with the xbox's (or atleast not in america). infact, nothing came with the original xbox except for the xbox, the cables, and the controller. halo didnt come with the xbox untill the green LE halo xbox. anyways i didnt get an invite to the beta so if i dont make it into the Ro3 (Rule of 3) then i guess im out because there is no way in hell im buying crackdown. i played the demo and it sucked BADLY (but then again so does every GTA style game). however im off school the day the invites open again so im good to go :ciappa:

Firstly it isn't a demo, its a beta which means it will be unfinished and buggy, which is the whole point of it. The beta will only last so long as well so if you don't get in then you won't be missing out on too much.
Me personally I'll be buying crackdown because I really enjoyed the demo. The beta access is just a nice extra. Also if you buy crackdown on release Microsoft have confirmed that you will get access to the beta
(see:http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/crackdown/news.html?sid=6164781&om_act=convert&om_clk=mostpop).

Mitch2025 said:
i thought the beta was only for america. did they change it or something?
thats what i thought too.....

btw i think crackdown is awesome but might lose its appeal quickly

Nah, Bungie announced the beta was worldwide not too long ago. It's now only the rule of three which is US/Canada only
(quotes below taken from http://halo3.com/index2.html)

"The "Rule of Three" program is currently planned for gamers (17 years and older) in the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) and Canada who have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive, a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription and the Halo 2 game. "

"When Crackdown hits store shelves (Feb 20 - North America, Feb 22 - Asian territories, Feb 24 - European markets), and you still haven't secured a place in the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta you can still get in via specially marked boxes of Crackdown. These boxes of Crackdown include an invite to participate in the coveted Halo 3 multiplayer beta program when it becomes available."

Back