Crackdown Preorder Gift

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
At work, we got a memo that has read that anyone who preorders Crackdown will receive a Halo 3 beta demo. And I see this as awesome news, as Crackdown is also made by some of the people who have made some of the Grand Theft Auto games. So expect some cool free-roaming, with amazing graphics and physics. Plus, we know the only reason anyone would get it for is the Halo 3 demo. Crackdown comes out on the 20th of Feburary.

Kamikaze said:
At work, we got a memo that has read that anyone who preorders Crackdown will receive a Halo 3 beta demo. And I see this as awesome news, as Crackdown is also made by some of the people who have made some of the Grand Theft Auto games. So expect some cool free-roaming, with amazing graphics and physics. Plus, we know the only reason anyone would get it for is the Halo 3 demo. Crackdown comes out on the 20th of Feburary.
have preorders started? wouldnt this be like all over the news? and where do you work!?

Preorders have started at major video game retail stores. This is more than likely in video game news, if not, it will be soon. I work at Gamecrazy, and I just give you guys friendly notes that corporate hands down to us. :)

Actually it's not just preorders, anyone who buys it early when it still metions the halo3 beta on the packaging get it.

This was on Kotaku a couple days ago.

GamePro Magazine article;

my.php

Actually it's not to the people who buy it "early", it's only being given on the first shipments of the games.

Kamikaze said:
Actually it's not to the people who buy it "early", it's only being given on the first shipments of the games.

...which would be the people who buy it early.

But it doesn't need to be a preorder.

vagrant said:
...which would be the people who buy it early.

But it doesn't need to be a preorder.

Actually the majority of it is going to be preordered gifts, so if you don't preorder there's a high chance you won't be getting the disc.

Kamikaze said:
Actually the majority of it is going to be preordered gifts, so if you don't preorder there's a high chance you won't be getting the disc.
im sure this is for like people without xbox live? there must be a downloadable version coming too, i dont think anyone is playing halo 3 right now though...

I highly doubt it, why would Bungie release a demo disc then later come out with a downloadable demo?

Kamikaze said:
I highly doubt it, why would Bungie release a demo disc then later come out with a downloadable demo?
yah but why crackdown, what makes it so special? itd piss off a lot of people knowing they have to buy a game for a demo disc, or pay $5 for the reserve and leave it alone

Sovieto said:
yah but why crackdown, what makes it so special? itd piss off a lot of people knowing they have to buy a game for a demo disc, or pay $5 for the reserve and leave it alone

My guess is that many people aren't interested within the game itself, although it does look quite cool, plus Bungie is supporting the game as they believe it's going to be one of the best games on the 360.

Will the demo be online only or will there be a offline demo for story mode also?

It will be a demo disc, so more than likely there won't be any online play avaliable just maybe a level or two to play.

to me, the graphics on crackdown look like a ****, and yes, that is speaking with knowledge of them being cel-shaded

Back