Unable To Read Disc! AAHHHHHHHH!

hey guys i see that this thread was started a long time ago but i just recently had this disc read error problem on my wii even though i already had an ssbb save on my system. I used to own the game around the time it came out and it worked perfectly except a little online lag. well i ended up selling that copy and recently bought a used copy that didn't work after i tried everything ppl posted here. i even returned that copy for another and then the second for a third and none of them worked. the third copy they tried in the store and it worked there but not when i got it home. could this still be a problem with the wii because i am no longer under warranty since i've never had to have it repaired. and just so we're clear here i had the game long enough to have all characters and stages most of the trophies and backup character icons unlocked.

Mine was suffering from a disc read error, and mine was a day one console bought nov 19th 2006. When i got my Super Smash Bros some time march 2009, my console played it ok, then after a few days, it would get harder for the Wii to read the disc. Then one day it stopped reading it , even though it played all my regular Wii and gmecube games. I bought a lens cleaner and it didnt work.

Well i finally sent in my Wii a week ago, and recieved it as of july 6th 2010 at 1 pm back from Nintendo. It took about 7-8 days total. Based on the reading material, it had the diagnosis of what was wrong with my Wii console, which was a launch console from day one:
Service Date jul 1 2010-
Enclosed is your repaired system components. This is a statement of repair sevices rendered.
Diagnosis and replacement of all defective,worn, or marginal components was performed,including extended testing for reliability per the manufacturer's specifications.
UNITS RECIEVED: Console White Rvl
disc, Smash Bros Brawl

Service performed:
Cleaned,tested and inspected all components.
*-These items have been repaired or replaced.
REPLACED DISC DRIVE MECHANISM

Nintendo of America guarantees the service performed for one(1) year from the date of repair or replacement.

reason why i posted this, is cause if you have a day one system, or a system that cannot read smash bros brawl or metroid prime, even if your warranty expired, they will do what they did above and also give you a new 1 yr warranty on the system, and replace the drive if needed. mine plays like a charm, played smash, metroid prime trilogy and sin and punishment: star successor all day since i got it back a couple hrs, ago. send yours in, theres no charge for it.

Back