Update Information

Robmonster

WiiChat Member
May 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
0920-9738-7735-9861
Hi there,

I've just bought a Wii and have so far been asked to perform 1 update, with another one on the way apparently.

Is there anywhere I can find out what these updates actually do, i.e. what they are changing?

RM

This section shows the history of the Wii's major firmware updates (for NTSC Wii systems in North America).

Before Launch: The firmware on all launch systems was updated to not require a "startup disc," which was not included in the launch package.

November 19: Changed the Wii Menu design, provided support for the online channels and also provided the ability to move the channels around. This is done by pressing and holding the A+B Buttons over top of the channel you want to move.

November 29: Blocked Wii Shop channel hacks by blocking DNS redirection.

December 19: Provided support for the Forecast Channel.

January 29: Provided support for the News Channel

February 14: Provided support for the Everybody Votes Channel.

April 11: Provided support for the Internet Channel: Final Version and added customizable Parental Controls for the browser.

These are the updates from 2006-now. Click on the green mushroom by my name if i helped and please leave a reason why.

WIIMAN999

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Glad to have you on-board.
Regarding your question, I think the updates are for the Firmware as well as getting new channels. You have nothing to worry about, just perform the updates when asked.

Thanks for the info all.

Back