Update stopped at 75%

ISWThunder

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
I just connected my Wii to the internet via my wireless router and it is updating, but it has gotten to around 75% and the bar has stopped moving.

The 3x3 blue squares are still going around and I can still move my cursor around, but I havent seen any movement in the bar for over ten minutes.

What should I do? It says not to turn the power off, and I definitely dont want to screw up the HD or the Wii in anyway

Meh, just switch it off and back on again, just don't blame me if it brakes everything :wink:

Turn it off.

It's only DOWNLOADING the update. It shouldn't do any harm.

It doesn't download and install at the same time.

So you should be fine.

Rep if helped.

yes just turned it off it happens to me also a couple of times and didn't do any harm on my system. also check your router settings maybe there is some mistakes on it the reason the why the update just stops in a certain point.

Okay it worked...the internet is working and I was able to download the Opera browser. I havent tried to d/l the update again...Im not sure it is really necessary.

no i dont think it is just tried and had the same problem so i turned it off and went on wii shop and got super mario 64 :) classic game too bad that N64 games dont support rumble :( lol

sco0504 said:
no i dont think it is just tried and had the same problem so i turned it off and went on wii shop and got super mario 64 :) classic game too bad that N64 games dont support rumble :( lol

lol you guys remember the rumble packs for the N64...ahhh good times..

Thegamerfan said:
lol you guys remember the rumble packs for the N64...ahhh good times..
And the memory cards? Interesting enough that is why games like Mario Kart are broken on VC and you can't save ghost data. Nintendo was lazy and didn't even try to emulate the memory cards!

Back