Updateing Stuck

bubba-ga-nush

Im on more than you think
Oct 22, 2006
Coolsville with scooby-doo
Wii Online Code
3369-4758-4482-0967
Ok so after a while I finally figure out how to get the internet going. While it was updateing for the first time it got stuck at half point on the progress bar. I left it over night to see if it would even move but nope. So know my wii is stuck on that updateing screen and I dont know what I should do. I'm too scared to turn it off because... welll it says not to turn it off. So what should I do?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I've read reports that the updating process tends to freeze if the internet connection is lost for a period of time.

I'd reccomend holding the power button down to reset the console, check your internet connection and try updating again.

Edit: I havent actually had this problem, im only advising you on what i've learned so you might wanna wait for someone with first-hand experience to answer you before you try.

This has happened to me, all i did was pull the mains plug out because nothing else would work (power button failed to work). Worked like a treat after.
Good luck :)

i had this problem, wrote on here about it aswell..

i was setting up my connection and the update started, but then froze, luckily my dinner was ready so i just left it going.

after i had finished eating, maybe after an hour or so, it was still in the same place :shocked: so i tried to power the wii down with the remote, it wouldnt respond, i tried the reset, nothing, so i simply had to pull the plug, it was the last possibility.

after it had been frozen for such a while i guessed it wouldnt actually be writing anything to its storage memory, so pulling the plug wasnt so much a problem.

started it up again and started the upgrade again. well it went passed the previous point it had reached :thumbsup: .....

and THEN froze again :frown2: again i left it for a little while, just to see if it would actually get anywhere. it didnt..

i knew my net connection was fine, i know that wasnt the problem, so i realised it was most likely nintendos problem, server-side.

i just played some 360 and tried again a while later, it worked no problems :D

(also spoke to some others who said they had tried updating at similar times and said theirs had frozen aswell, backing up the idea it was nintendos problem...)

if you are waiting for an answer to this then im sorry this was such a long post, but you are probably gonna have to pull the plug

Thanks Guys. So I had to go to school. I left my wii. And when I got home I found my brother playing it and I asked what he did. He said it was off when he got home. But yea i'll try updateing it again. I think the probably might have been my connection. Everytime i try to access the shop channel it would work for a while. I might be able to get to the place where you can log on to your my nintendo account but then it won't work. Then when I got to my computer to see if the internet is still working it isn't. After 5 minutes my internet will be working again. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Back