Updates on Start up Disc and Last Big Secret

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hi everyone, im just wondering if anyone has heard any thing about what exactly the wii start up disc is and what its used for as well as what the big secret is that reggie is going to spill on launch day??

Ive seen a pic that shows a wii at a Kiyosk where it says please insert start up disc to set up your wii but how, what does it do....i dont wanna wait for launch to find out:shocked:

It might be to do with like where you're gonna put your sensor bar, size of TV etc.. to record this info into your Wii, so it knows how hard your hittin a ball in Wii Tennis etc.. to make everything more accurate, thats my guess anyway

if only they'd give people some kind of info release for what it really is.... could just be a disc with commercials on it...

no its definately not commercials, ill try to find a picture

Attachments

• please-insert-wii-startup-d.jpg
    please-insert-wii-startup-d.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 327
It could, i really am not sure i was hoping some other members could shed a little light on the topic at hand. I guess we have to wait and see.

Alright guys i think i got it, i have a source who works at a retail warehouse for a major distributor (lets call this individual Wii-man)

And what wii-man and his compondrays managed to do was "borrow" a few wii's They took them back to headquarters, set them up and offered this tid-bit of info.

"I have a Nintendo Wii and the wii startup disc is true. All it does is setup your wii account. It also prevents theft because the CD has a unique code that only works on your console. Even though I have the Wii console, I have no idea what the final secret is but I am guessing it is about portability because why would they give theft protection…Also I just wanted to add that, it does update your console with this disk. I checked the manual and it says that… "

There you go im working on getting scans of the manual

Okay, wait, when you say update your console do you mean that it installs the firmware or that it will keep updating your firmware somehow. o_O....

Big_Mill said:
Im guessing it means update in terms of putting your user information onto the console. Username/Console Name/Wii Points etc etc
Heh that would make more sense. :lol:

this is obvious.! it says- "please insert the wii startup disc this will help you set up your wii-console"

yes so this will help you set up your wii. not a big of a deal.
As for the big secret- it has nothing to do with the start up disc;) that's all i know

I didn't get one either, but I think they got rid of them. My Wii works fine already, so just forget about it

Back