Updating... When?

+Maniacal=Maniac+

Am I Losing Friends?
Aug 8, 2006
Wii Online Code
4516-7863-9846-6018
Okay, We All Know Europe Got Ver 2.1E, So When Do You Thinl We'll Get Ver 2.1U?:eek:

What Do The Updated Do Anyway? Besides The Channels.,.. Do Updates Affect Games As Well?:eek:ut:

Huh... That Seems A Little Wierd...

Wishale said:
Hmm, Im not sure.. I hope that it activated dvd capabilitys, i was told somewhere that the Wii is equiped with a dvd drive, it just needs something play read the disk..:)

Sigh some people.

If it was not made to read DVD movies from the start then a simple update WILL NOT make it read them now, it's not something an update can do.

Some people are way too gullible now a days.

as far as the dvd thing goes. if the games are on dvd-roms, then i would think that a firmware update of the right codecs would allow dvd playback...

im not saying that they will make it, and i dont really care, because i have a dvd player that works just fine, but the disk drive already reads dvds, it just doesnt support dvd video playback

and im aware this has been discussed everywhere.

the original idea was that you would buy akey to unlock the consoles dvd video mode. To display the dvd logo on anything costs money so nintendo were going to do 2 systems one which played dvds one which didnt but currently there are no plans to enable dvd playback in the standard wii

IS 2.1E not the european version and 2.1U the US version- hence the E & the U??

yes, It Is... I Bet J Is Japan. :arf:

i dont like the idea of releasing a new wii with dvd playback.

granted, i dont need dvd playback, i have a player, but i think that it is unfair to leave out the die-hard fans that went out and camped for their wiis on release day... we obviously arent going to buy a new one, nor should we have to.

its not a big deal, but it still bothers me a little

Any europeans want to share with us what has changed?

Back