List of Compatible routers

You forgot to add Airport Extreme onto the list of routers. I have this, but I need the WEP security when I'm currently @ WPA2 Personal. I'm fine without Wi-Fi.

"""WiFi Max for nintendo DS works fine on my wii.
(dont know if its a router tho)"""

hey dude, by any chance you think you can help me set up mine as well?? m having a really hard time trying to figure out what i need to do to make it work on my wii..... apparently it keeps saying

"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

wassup!?

Last edited:
I have a Linux, im not sure what model though, im not home. But it has wireless and has six ports for Ethernet cables, that is handy if you have a lot of junk to hook up.

ZyXel Prestige 600 Wireless router works fine with Wii (I got given one for free) I have the DNS and DHCP turned off and is is piggybacked into my Netgear DG834.

Mainly because I couldn't be arsed changing the DG834 settings. :D

Ok, i'm bying d-link di-524 router, does it work with wii or not? And does it work with DS wifi?

I have the Belkin FSD7230-4 version 1112. According to this page, it's version 4000 that is incompatible. Does that mean that my version could be compatible? Even having implemented the suggestions in this forum re the settings, it still isn't working for me.

UPDATE: Got it to work. Earlier, I had not realized there were additional submenus (on the Wii) regarding DNS, etc. that needed to be configured. I remember thinking that was odd. It sure would have been nice if the Wii were a litle more intuitive in this process, but at least now it works.

Last edited:
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread to check if this is a repost but I felt this was possibly important for some people.

I have a Linksys WRT54GL, running the latest DD-WRT firmware, set to 802.11g only mode, using WPA2 (also tried WPA) and it will not connect.

I just stumbled upon this page after Google'ing for a bit:
http://notpopular.com/blogs/josh/2006/11/22/nintendo-wii-wifi-problem-fixed/

According to that page the card inside the Wii only operates in the bandwith of 802.11b mode per the hardware.

So tonight I will try out setting my router to the mixed mode 802.11b/g and try it out again. Hope this helped someone.

Hey im new at all this stuff so be gentle.....nah be as rough as possible.

I have a D-Link DI-704p (wired) router and cannot connect to the net:crazy: . i keep getting error codes 52220-52222, and i don't have any firewalls on anywhere, i should know i've been working on this for 8 hrs straight:mad5: .

anyone got any ideas?..............besides going wireless

BT Voyager 2091 wireless ADSL Router
Works perfectly with the wii and DS anywhere in the house.

Back