US cat 'predicts patient deaths'

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
A US cat that is reportedly able to sense when a nursing home's residents are about to die is baffling doctors.

Oscar has a habit of curling up next to patients at the home in Providence, Rhode Island, in their final hours.

According to the author of a study in the New England Journal of Medicine, the two-year-old cat has been observed to be correct in 25 cases so far.

_44021641_oscar_ap203b.jpg

Oscar meows in protest if removed from the room of a dying patient

Rest of the story here: Linkage

That is very cool. It reminds me of the girl in Russia who can tell someone in pain about all of their problems, because she says that she can feel their exact pain within her own body when she touches the patient.

Lmfao wiizorer!

That would be quite a coincidence though lol

:lol: I love these dumb-ass threads...

Maybe the reason people are dying is BECAUSE OF THE CAT! :yikes:

Cause and effect?!? :tard:

If I was one of those old folks I'd say "why take the chance" - "goodnight kittie! RIP"...

I hope the patients don't know...they'd be scared of the cat.

Lol I was just thinking that.. the cats going to come up to somebody and their going to kill it shouting 'noo get away!'

it would be cool if jay had" argh i'm a pirate: in zack's hat

yeah it would make the patient really depressed

like aww **** you gotta me kidding me

Woah... That Is One... Smart cat.

I Always Thouhgt That Some Animals Can See Things We Can't See...

you know why the cat does it. because he can some how tell it throu his sences. like in tp like can smell stuff somthing like that he can smell somthing that there body is giving off that tells him. i love my cats. but there is somthing telling him this

i dont find this odd at all. infact animals have a keen sense when it comes to their owners or people who care for them. they also have feelings too and know when something is wrong.

when i leave chuchu he gets upset and will cry all day until i come home. if i dont come home within the day, he thinks something is wrong and wont leave my side of the bed. esp when im sick or something too. he will sleep near me if i have a flu cold and will growl if anyone moves him away from me.

my brothers cat jerry used to do the same thing. animals are very smart

Back