Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

US major console weekly sales rates

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Marc, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. Marc

    Marc SuperWii

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Messages:
    731
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    York
    Wii Friend Code: 4103-3191-5795-3127
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Not sure if repost:

    [​IMG]
     
  2. CantGetAWii

    CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2006
    Messages:
    6,420
    Likes Received:
    62
    Location:
    WiiChat
    Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Haven't seen this, is sony the grey colour? :lol:
    Jokes, but thanks for the info, interesting stuff.
     
  3. Frogger

    Frogger God Complex

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2007
    Messages:
    3,757
    Likes Received:
    51
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    Wii Friend Code: 9156-1265-6763-2556
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    What the hell happened in March?
     
  4. laderer5

    laderer5 Wii > Xbox360 +PS3

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1,538
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Buffalo NY
    Wii Friend Code: 6636-1630-0874-1365
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    guess the wii drought happened.. then nintendo boosted the production up.
     
  5. ARav989

    ARav989 WiiChat Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1,202
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    New Joisey 0_o
    Wii Friend Code: 6597-7058-7157-6973
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Yeah thats what I was thinking about March as well.

    Very interesting chart btw.
     
  6. tunaonrice

    tunaonrice T U N A

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    1
    Wii Friend Code: 3749-9360-9397-4189
    3749-9360-9397-4189
    Thanks for the post. What is your source for this information?

    Also why the hell does everyone keep mentioning how great sales are for the Wii, yet we still get screwed on the games. Wouldn't they want to market games or make them for the percentage of the people with more consoles?
     
  7. Frogger

    Frogger God Complex

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2007
    Messages:
    3,757
    Likes Received:
    51
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    Wii Friend Code: 9156-1265-6763-2556
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    I'd actually like to see where this information came from, because other various sites I've been on say that people are actually buying PS3's.

    In June 1000 Wiis must have sold every 2 hours or so...
     
  8. laderer5

    laderer5 Wii > Xbox360 +PS3

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1,538
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Buffalo NY
    Wii Friend Code: 6636-1630-0874-1365
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    They keep mentioning how great the sales are on the Wii cause they are 3-4 times better than the PS3 and 2 times more than the 360.:crazy:
    Also on the Wii it'll take game developers time to get used to the wii's controls and how to utulize them to thier maximum while the other sytems its the same as always.
     
  9. sagema

    sagema 3D Artist

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    NY
    Wii Friend Code: 4496-9128-1304-3457
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    This trend could be permanent. Just like the PS1-2, the Wii is the new big guy. It will generate 75% of sales, while the PS3, and 360 fight for the remaining 25%. Of coarse there are things that can change this. If Microsoft and Sony stay at $60 a game, they will ensure doom. The average gamer, the real average gamer avoids high priced games and goes for the bargain bin 90% of the time.
     

Share This Page