USB Connector Help

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
For my Wii's online I use the Wi-Fi USB connector, and it has worked very well up until now.

It shows up on my computer still, but for some reason it won't send a signal or connect to my Wii anymore. I have no idea why, nor do I have any solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any new security programs installed? These may prevent the program from working properly. You may need to add the program to your allowed lists.

Is the connector close enough? It can only go a certain range.

Maybe you could try restarting your computer. If you can't find a solution, you can always call Nintendo.

I had a similar problem to this a while back, I couldn't get my wii to connect to the Wifi connector either. I found out that the encrypted code that travels through the signal from the USB connector to my wii could not be deciphered by my wii. Perhaps that is your problem, as this can happen suddenly with no warning.

for clarity... has any changes been done to the PC or the WirelessUSB config at all since it quit?

direct or indirect changes, that is... :)

Foosoo said:
I had a similar problem to this a while back, I couldn't get my wii to connect to the Wifi connector either. I found out that the encrypted code that travels through the signal from the USB connector to my wii could not be deciphered by my wii. Perhaps that is your problem, as this can happen suddenly with no warning.

Really? Is there a way to get around that or no?

idjut said:
for clarity... has any changes been done to the PC or the WirelessUSB config at all since it quit?

direct or indirect changes, that is...

No, no changes for both at all.

I'm not sure, possibly. Check the computer you use to connect your wii to the internet, find the internet or connection settings, and see if it's a problem there.

Well I was worried it was my console in general, but now I think its just the connector itself.

I just wanted to make sure though, before buying another one.

Disconnect the WiFi Usb and reinstall it.It should work,
I had the same problem. Didn't know what to do so i
disconnected and reinstalled and it works perfectly fine again.
Try it out.

This happens to my friend all the time. Try restarting your comp or uninstalling and reinstalling. Honestly the USB dongles are crap and I suggest just buying a router. It's so much easier it's ridiculous.

samXcor3 said:
This happens to my friend all the time. Try restarting your comp or uninstalling and reinstalling. Honestly the USB dongles are crap and I suggest just buying a router. It's so much easier it's ridiculous.
Ya routers are better than usb connectors. You don't have to keep your computer on all the time if you have a router.

samXcor3 said:

Well its worked fine up until now (or a few days ago), so it hasn't been an issue before. But now it is fixed, which is great because its just in time for Brawl :D

I uninstalled the connector, then installed it again but nothing worked still.
Then today, I took advantage of my day off and called customer service asking for more assistance. They told me stuff I already knew though, and I was on the phone for a good 25 minutes. Then I tried my connection again and all was good.

Thanks to all for the replies.
I should be good from now on, as I know what the problem will be in the future.

Back