usb keyboard

quincey

WiiChat Member
Oct 16, 2007
i have tried 2 keyboards and i get nothing at all, any key i press does nothing ,i have updated to the latest 3.1 update as it said yet nothing.......now i do not believe 2 keyboards are broke ...............please help .:frown2:

Are you sure you're using a compatable keyboard? The one's which seem to be compatable are the really basic ones without any special keys or programmable options.

Dr. Mom

Where are you trying to use the keyboard, in the internet channel? Because you have to update that too. The firmware update alone doesn't enable keyboard use in the internet channel.

Skippy said:
Where are you trying to use the keyboard, in the internet channel? Because you have to update that too. The firmware update alone doesn't enable keyboard use in the internet channel.
They are right it only works when sending messages back and forth and when writing memos not the internet channel.....yet

curtis9735 said:
They are right it only works when sending messages back and forth and when writing memos not the internet channel.....yet

The internet channel has been updated to allow keyboard support, but you have to redownload it from the shopping channel. It's not the firmware update along that makes it work is what I was trying to say.

Skippy said:
The internet channel has been updated to allow keyboard support, but you have to redownload it from the shopping channel. It's not the firmware update along that makes it work is what I was trying to say.

I tried redownloading the Internet Channel. Before I did so, it told me it would only work with the Wii Remote. I redownloaded it anyway and my USB keyboard still doesn't work:frown2:

if money is not an issue then the logitech classic keyboard 200 is a great buy. they have it at amazon or tiger direct for $15.00 or something like that. i know it works because i have it and it works with the wii.

jwedwards said:
on the internet channel? or on memos? or both?

It should work in both as long as you have the latest firmware update and the latest internet channel update.

Ok moron question from someone who is having the same keyboard probs: How does one update the internet and shopping channels. I am ploughing thru menus and cannot figure it out. I thought I had some tech savvy, but obviously not. Any help for a dummy? thanks!!

walkman666 said:
Ok moron question from someone who is having the same keyboard probs: How does one update the internet and shopping channels. I am ploughing thru menus and cannot figure it out. I thought I had some tech savvy, but obviously not. Any help for a dummy? thanks!!

Just go back to the shopping channel into the Wii Ware section and choose the internet channel and download it again (the button maybe say Update instead of Download if you already have it, I can't remember for sure).

You can also update the Everybody Votes Channel. The Shopping Channel itself does not need updating.

Thanks Skippy, much appreciated...! I followed your instructions, updated the opera browser via the shopping channel (coincidentally, I use opera on my home PC), and vwoillah!, my keyboard is now working. Great tips! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back