USB LAN adapter

I don't think Nintendo is selling any yet, and you can't use 3rd party ones made for PC's. What you could get is a wireless router. They aren't very expensive.

question: would the USB adapter for the ds be fast enough a connection to support actual online game play? (i have dsl if that makes a difference)

true but I didn't know if it needed to be faster to supppoert an actual console like the wii vs just a handheld. thanx man

When you play online, you aren't actually pumping out the entire game over the web, it's only how you are moving and what you are doing. It's the same kind of information sent from the DS.

just get a router, that way you wont hafta worry about any of that..for your ds(assuming you have one) or Wii..

i just bought one, a linksys g router (WRT54G) for 50 bucks at bestbuy.com.. go for it..its worth it

Has anyone CONFIRMED that you can use any USB adapter?
I know with a PS2 it was possible to use some generic USB ethernet adapters.

Sillyhat said:
It says:
SMC
EZ Connect USB
Ethernet Converter
2102USB/ETH
The one coming from nintendo GARUNTEES(sp?) full functionablity with the wii. They probably did something to the wii so you couldn't use third parties converters. Just like they made the disc run backwards.

Bulldogxx831 said:
The one coming from nintendo GARUNTEES(sp?) full functionablity with the wii. They probably did something to the wii so you couldn't use third parties converters. Just like they made the disc run backwards.
It's not so much what they did as what they didn't do, that being create drivers on the Wii for every USB LAN adapter ever made. Kinda puts the complaints into perspective.

Back