USB to ethernet adapter help

vagrant said:
What are you talking about? I am referring to the usb adapters you posted in the first post. I wasn't talking about wifi adapters, nor were you.

And it doesn't matter what brand of USB wifi adapter you use, because it plugs into your computer not the Wii itself, like a usb to cat5 adapter would(which is what you posted).

USB Adapter 802.11 Wireless 2.4GHz WI-FI Converter USBG-2203 LOW PRICE $29.98

Operating System Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP

Apparently you didn't heavily research enough.

What about the fact that you would need the right drivers for the Wii (And the DS) that allow it to access the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service???

A wifi usb adapter doesn't plug into the Wii, it plugs into your computer. So your computers uses the drivers, then the adapter can act as a WiFi hotspot. "wii drivers" have nothing to do with WiFi adapters, they would matter on a USB - LAN adapter though.

that allow it to access the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service???

The wii works the same way DS does. It just needs to pick up a wireless connection that you can connect to.

frontsidefish said:
What about the fact that you would need the right drivers for the Wii (And the DS) that allow it to access the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service???

LOL you do not need drivers to access a wireless network it all runs on the same protocol it will work unless it has a type of encryption that the wii and ds don't understand if it is on the list of routers on nintendos site then it will work no drivers required that is quite different then plugging in a usb device and expecting it to work when it doesn't have any idea what it is.

And to the person who uses "Windows ME" windows me is the worst operating system ever made you should avoid it like a plague please please upgrade your OS. Don't tell me your PC can't run it because if it can't then that's sad you can get a PC that can run windows xp at a yard sell for $50. Do your self a favor and buy a windows vista compatible PC in January.

EDIT:
We posted at the same time lol sorry

Last edited:
vagrant said:
A wifi usb adapter doesn't plug into the Wii, it plugs into your computer. So your computers uses the drivers, then the adapter can act as a WiFi hotspot. "wii drivers" have nothing to do with WiFi adapters, they would matter on a USB - LAN adapter though.

The wii works the same way DS does. It just needs to pick up a wireless connection that you can connect to.

Sorry, My bad.:aureola:

Everyone should know that ME stands for Might Explode. :yikes:

Using the wii adapter

How do I plug the ethernet cable to my dsl modem? It only has one ethernet port, which is connected to my computer. Do I have to unplug my computer from the modem or get an ethernet splitter?

Back