Wii + USB router

rare177

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
i was wondering if any one would know if a D-Link 502-T will work just by plugging it into the usb port on the wii, its a usb router, or will i need to get a compatible ethernet adapter for the wii and do it via ethernet?

the wii is wireless allready,

if you plug the usb router into your pc then it should serv any other wireless pc/wii/ps3/whatever in the house.

if you have your wireless secured your will will just ask for the code and access it no problem.

its a wired adsl2+ router, usb/ethernet, i was wondering if i could plug the router into the usb port of the wii and have access doing so, know anything about that?

No u cant u have to wait for the LAN adapter for u to have it wired through ure pc

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a wired-USB network adapter on ebay for about $19.00 which is confirmed (by people on some Wii forum - sorry too many sites over the past 3 days) to work with the Wii. No need to wait for OEM. If I can track the link down, I'll post it.

You can't use the USB ports (currently) for anything except to recharge things. There is a USB Lan Adapter planned for release sometime next month, but other than that, nothing.

Back