using wii email

ZR2AMG63

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2007
Wii Online Code
1594-1838-6210-8020
I can't seem to figure out how to register my email with my wii. I go in and register it with the wii and I get an email from the wii and i reply and nothing happens. I cant send myself a message from the wii because that option isnt highlighted. what else do I have to do?

You have to reply again.

Steps:
1. Send message from Wii
2. Reply to Wii-sent message
3. READ the reply in the Messages center on the Wii. It states that you need to reply again to add the person
4. Reply to message AGAIN from Wii.

Should work then....

Ok I've located the problem and it's hotmail. When clicking reply it includes a tool bar for pictures and smiley faces. With this on it includes code into your email that nintendo rejects. I turned it off and all is well in Wii land. Thanks for your help Dakuda.

i was gonna suggest something like that, as i only got round to doing my wii to email registration last night.

the mail from the wii was in plain text, and some web based email editors will default to HTML/rich text regardles of the the recieved mail.

if you use outlook/outlook express/outlook web editor it will reply in the same format as the recieved mail.

just something i tought up when i picked up my emails this morning.

glad you got it sorted

Back