Venting about Wii Baseball

Taero

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2006
UK
I had to come and vent my frustration here, I'm not the best at this game by a long shot but when I do manage to hit what looks like a straight hit all the way across the field 98%+ of the time the computer will simply catch it, I can hit it left, right, down the middle of the field just to be met with "Out". Anyone else noticed this? It cant just be my lack of skill I mean you hit the ball down the field right? Not much to that but they just catch it >_< all the time, I was playing with a housemate and we ended up 0-0 for 4 games because of this.

i havent experienced this problem, althought i do relise how fustraiting that could be. you could try hitting the ball at a little softer, just a thought, hope it helps.

;D

Taero said:
I had to come and vent my frustration here, I'm not the best at this game by a long shot but when I do manage to hit what looks like a straight hit all the way across the field 98%+ of the time the computer will simply catch it, I can hit it left, right, down the middle of the field just to be met with "Out". Anyone else noticed this? It cant just be my lack of skill I mean you hit the ball down the field right? Not much to that but they just catch it >_< all the time, I was playing with a housemate and we ended up 0-0 for 4 games because of this.
its more of an arcade baseball, if youve ever played them, maybe if you did some research youd know you young whippersnapper!!

So any advice for not being laughed out of the ballpark :p? I'll try hitting softer as has been suggested :)

so you're upset about ground balls being called 'out', or upset that you can't hit one out of the park or a deep single/double?

If the former, that's just the design of the game. If the latter, you may not be hitting it hard enough.

The game is simulating the easy throws to bases by just calling you OUT.

I actually prefer it this way so I dont have to watch throws to first or other dumb defensive stuff, kinda speeds up the game.

I only wish there were more innings.

Back