Video game darwin awards

powerpc127

Bustin makes me feel good
Jan 6, 2008
In a van down by the RIVER!
Wii Online Code
3083-0092-7721-0385
For those who don't know, Darwin Awards (darwinawards.com) are given to people who died for being incredibly stupid. For instance, people who don't understand that gasoline and fire don't mix very well or people that can manage to drown themselves in their kitchen sink all deserve Darwin Awards. If you haven't checked the site out, you should. Anyways, I decided to make a thread where you post your stories of stupid deaths in video games. For example, I'm sure we've all tried to kill the cow in RE4 but didn't want to waste ammo. If so, then you were probably impaled by its horn after stabbing it a few times.

My video game Darwin Award moment was when I chose to pick up a live grenade to throw it back in COD3. It landed far enough away from me that I had to chase it and when I picked it up, the timer was very low. It exploded almost immediately in my hand, killing me.

powerpc127 said:
For those who don't know, Darwin Awards (darwinawards.com) are given to people who died for being incredibly stupid. For instance, people who don't understand that gasoline and fire don't mix very well or people that can manage to drown themselves in their kitchen sink all deserve Darwin Awards. If you haven't checked the site out, you should. Anyways, I decided to make a thread where you post your stories of stupid deaths in video games. For example, I'm sure we've all tried to kill the cow in RE4 but didn't want to waste ammo. If so, then you were probably impaled by its horn after stabbing it a few times.

My video game Darwin Award moment was when I chose to pick up a live grenade to throw it back in COD3. It landed far enough away from me that I had to chase it and when I picked it up, the timer was very low. It exploded almost immediately in my hand, killing me.
Mine was in Urban Terror.

I threw a grenade and it bounced back. It killed me and 3 of my team-members :lol:

Honorable Mention:
In Red Steel I was supposed to follow some guy down a hall (I was playing at a friend's so I forget who and where). I managed to wedge myself between him and an open door and both of us became stuck in place. I had to reset eventually.

Back