Videos?

I can't say for sure, but I've heard it can only play .avi's.

I dident even think of that....whats the highest memory SD you can buy, I got a 1GB for 80$ at BestBuy

i just download videos in .avi so they work perfect :p, that video converter produces video that are LARGE in memory

they have to be in MJPEG format. Windows recognizes them as just .avi

Reaper3000GT said:
I dident even think of that....whats the highest memory SD you can buy, I got a 1GB for 80$ at BestBuy

wow! $80....I got a 2GB for $27. I think the highest that Wii accepts is 2GB so far. If I remember right, someone tried a 4GB and it didn't work. I could be wrong though.

To be honest with you, im not sure it's worth it. Converting a half decent 700MB xvid into a mjpeg file (or whatever silly format the Wii accepts) turns it into a pretty shoddy 2GB+ file from what I've seen/heared. And considering it looks like the Wii doesnt accept SD cards over 2GB atm anyway!!

I would think Nintendo will put out a firmware upgrade in the future to recitfy all of this with support for more codecs and larger SD cards, especially with the dvd player add on's expected in the future etc... so not to worry. But for now, I dont think there's much point trying :frown2: (I'm sure you have a dvd player hehe :D )

I only really stick my SD card in the Wii to play with my photos off my phone. What i'm hoping for is some sort of media player on the Wii. As i understand it, quicktime and apple have some kind of involvement with the software already so I don't see why not!! MP-Wii's for the win!!! See what i did there :shocked:

Ok ramble over :crazy:

Last edited:
Back