virtual console download speed on dial up

fastpoke71

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2007
ok i allwredy know you can use dial up with your wii but can anybody tell me about how long it would take to download a nes game or a snes game and will a lan adapter work on dial up

fastpoke71 said:
ok i allwredy know you can use dial up with your wii but can anybody tell me about how long it would take to download a nes game or a snes game and will a lan adapter work on dial up
I doubt you could even connect to the Virtual Console channel.

About the only thing that works on dial-up is the emailing system.

Sorry to break it to you, but you need broadband. It's only like £4 extra per month though.

Actually, Dial up is more exspensive than DSL now.
There's no reason to even have it anymore.

well if you live where i do (in the middle of nowhere) then the only option is to have dial up even though it cost more or the same as broadband/dsl.

I THINK that you can use dial up if you get one of those nintendo USB wifi things. i dont know if it will work on dial up!

But i guess if you look on google then maybe you can find something about it! Well its worth a shot.

matthewj said:
well if you live where i do (in the middle of nowhere) then the only option is to have dial up even though it cost more or the same as broadband/dsl.

I THINK that you can use dial up if you get one of those nintendo USB wifi things. i dont know if it will work on dial up!

But i guess if you look on google then maybe you can find something about it! Well its worth a shot.
It will work, but it will be very slow.

Believe me, you will not be able to play ANY games online.

MazenXD said:
you could get a wifi sender and booster for your computer so that way you send the wifi then the booster picks it up and makes it stronger then your wii gets it even stronger then the computer.
No offence, but that's completely wrong.

It can only boost signals to their potential, not above it.

Even if it did boost the signals being received by the Wii, it would still be limited by the ISP and be just as slow.

Back