Virtual Console Games and Memory

songwriter15

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Hi,
Genuinely sorry if this has been asked previously but I've just had a spinal op. so, understandably I suppose, I've been " out of commission " for the past couple of weeks!

Lying here on my recovery bed - no violins please :) - I'm wondering what happens when I run out of memory?

Do I just copy the previously saved V.C. games back from the sd card to the Wii ? Will that be a "foolproof" method ?

The reason I ask is that, whenever I save a V.C. game to the card, I seem to get a message saying " not able to save all information" ( or something like that....I'm sure you know what I mean? ).

I guess I know already that that must be the method because otherwise we'd all just run out of memory, but I'd really appreciate some "reassurance".

Sorry if this is a little rambling but I'm a bit "poorly" at the moment and even trying to write this is a bit tricky when you're horizontal :) - in fact, looking forward to getting back to my "Wonderful Wii", is one of the best medicines I've got !!......and I promise you I'm not one of "WiiChat"'s younger members !! :)

Thanks in advance

Chris

Yep, the SD backup is the way to go. Once you place it on the SD its ok and you can delete it from your system. But you need to copy it back onto the system from the SD card in order to play them again.
Hope you get well soon.

If you run out of memory you could move your actual Wii game saves to SD card and then move them back when you need them. I know that this works. I'm not sure that if you copy the actual VC games to SD that they will come back properly. You can always remove old VC games that you are no longer playing and redownload them from the shop channel at a later time.

Good Luck on the recovery. You should get a DS while you're out of commission. :)

TARHEELSUPERMAN and BYUAKUYA....Thank you so much guys....

....that's really nice of you both and means a lot :)

Hope you're having as much fun with your Wii's as I am......or, at least, WAS! :)

"Tarheel" you must have read my mind! What would you say are the "must gets" for a new DS owner? I'm thinking " New Super Mario" and "Metroid" but maybe you guys would have different / better choices?

Any advice would be appreciated....there are so many games for it!

Anyway, thanks again guys and good luck to you both.

Chris

songwriter15 said:
....that's really nice of you both and means a lot :)

Hope you're having as much fun with your Wii's as I am......or, at least, WAS! :)

"Tarheel" you must have read my mind! What would you say are the "must gets" for a new DS owner? I'm thinking " New Super Mario" and "Metroid" but maybe you guys would have different / better choices?

Any advice would be appreciated....there are so many games for it!

Anyway, thanks again guys and good luck to you both.

Chris
Hey man we are here to help.
For my DS I have got:
New Super Mario Bros: A classic I am sure you will agree
Animal Crossing: A great way to spend your time
Mario Kart: Do I need to say more?

I would also recommend:
Metriod Prime: Hunters

Yeah those are pretty good games.
Also:
Harvest Moon DS (If your a fan of harvest Moon)
Pokemon DS (the best pokemon game ever)
Metroid Prime: Hunters was awesome when it came out! But unless you have friends who have that game the multiplayer may get a little boring. It now take 3-10 minutes to find a match.... When it used to take 30sec-2min at the most. But Voice chat is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Major Tom said:
Yeah those are pretty good games.
Also:
Harvest Moon DS (If your a fan of harvest Moon)
Pokemon DS (the best pokemon game ever)
Metroid Prime: Hunters was awesome when it came out! But unless you have friends who have that game the multiplayer may get a little boring.
I was thinking of getting Metriod sometime in the future.

You can also just delete them without copying them to an SD card. You can re-download them later from the store without having to pay again.

Back