Virtual Control or Game Cube Control?

Mr. Clark

WiiChat Member
Feb 16, 2007
My wife found a Wii for me last night and brought it home! Ain't she a sweety. Anyhow, for VC games, is it really a big deal to have that virtual control thing or does a Game Cube Control do the trick just fine?

So I take it that NES, SNES, and N64 games all work okay with the GC control? That's sweet.

BTW, you are a very helpful poster. I had a newbie question a couple days ago and you responded. You're a good guy.

Mr. Clark said:
So I take it that NES, SNES, and N64 games all work okay with the GC control? That's sweet.

BTW, you are a very helpful poster. I had a newbie question a couple days ago and you responded. You're a good guy.
thanks for your compliment. by the way NES games can be played with the remote sideways.

Mr. Clark said:
Some games feel awkward with the GC controller unfortunately. Examples of games that don't work very well would be Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

Its really hard to play SNES games with the GC controller....so if you want to download SNES game you better buy a classic controller...

i try with a GC wavebird and its horrible to play SMWorld....

but the GC controller are really good for GC games and N64 games....

and the Wiimoote sideway is good to play NES, SEGA and TG16....

if you have question there is always some nice people around to answer you...

Last edited:
That's interesting that some of you find SNES games to be weird on a GC control. I've been itching to play Legend of Zelda: LttP for YEARS now. I'd hate for the experience to be ruined by the control. What do you think Byuakuya? Are SNES games weird on a GC control?

Mr. Clark said:
That's interesting that some of you find SNES games to be weird on a GC control. I've been itching to play Legend of Zelda: LttP for YEARS now. I'd hate for the experience to be ruined by the control.
Not all SNES games feel weird; the only major ones that ive noticed were Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong Country. Zelda: ALTTP felt fine on the gamecube controller.

just try to run fast and do a regular jump with the GC controller on SMW you will see....

i think its mainly related to the way they mapped the button on the GC controller...its just not natural....

Mr. Clark said:
That's interesting that some of you find SNES games to be weird on a GC control. I've been itching to play Legend of Zelda: LttP for YEARS now. I'd hate for the experience to be ruined by the control. What do you think Byuakuya? Are SNES games weird on a GC control?
i found it hard at the start but i have gotten used to it and feels fine. but i suppose its personal choice.

Well then I guess the only thing to do is to try it out with my GC control and see what happens.

I think I agree with most people... Especially for SNES games, it's best to have the classic controller. I play NES games with the remote sideways, SNES with the CC, and N64 with the GC controller. Besides, I'm renting Mortal Kombat Armageddon for PS2 right now and I'm actually looking forward to being able to play it on the Wii with the classic controller, even if the Wii remote controls are good. I'll be happy either way. The CC is only $20, it's definitely worth it.

Back