Wario Ware psychedelia

Guinness

King of the Corgi Tribe
Apr 25, 2007
St. Pete Florida
Wii Online Code
6695-9494-9036-0139
So I just played through Wario Ware and I just wanna know is it just me or is this the most psychedelic game ever made? From all the cutesy little animals to the whacked out and sometimes liquefying colors to the ever increasing speed (faster!! faster!!!) to the monotone voice and sarcasm of the Form Baton narration, The whole game plays out like a hilariously bad acid trip.

I have no idea why some people didn't like this game. Me and my friends are adults (we think) and we still used the Wiimote as it tells us, strike every pose, and just have a blast playing this game. Anyone who didn't like it needs to lighten up and laugh a little.

I definitely recommend this to all those to like to have fun, the only problem is it's over too soon, but lots of unlockables keeps you coming back for more. 8.5 - 10

This game really needs a sequel.

You won't be seeing a sequel on Wii it's one of the Super Smash Bros. things I think people don't like to admit they like this game because it supports Nintendos goofy games that damage the Wii's rep with older gamers

battlegoon said:
can u tell me wut this games about and how good it is.

Wario Ware is a really tough game to explain, you go through a series of stages, and each stage has about 10 to 15 micro games, games so short they have you complete just one task, very very quickly, you have just three seconds each game to figure out what needs to be done. The tasks they have you do are very bizarre, from pushing people down to pumping up tires to sweeping the ice in a Curling match. You never know whats next, the game incorporates some innovative ways to hold the Wiimote to perform these tasks, from holding the Wiimote at your side and swinging your hips to hulahoop to holding the Wiimote on your head and doing squats, Don't laugh it's really fun.

You can checkout some gameplay video as well as IGNs video review here

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826990/vids_1.html

Checking out videos is how I always like to decide what looks good too, although I just use YouTube because I like to see real people playing instead of real expensive advertisements/trailers.

Wario Ware is really fun! I've been gaming for 30 years and have hundreds of games so I'd consider myself not only an old "gamer" but a really old one and a really experienced one as well and I prefer this game over Raving Rabbids any day. I find the games on Raving Rabbids to be annoying and pointless and there aren't really that many of them actually. Wario Ware Smooth Moves, on the other hand, has tons of micro games that are actually (OMG) FUN to play and not frustrating and not annoying and not stupid... just FUN! (Imagine that!)

I would like to see about a half dozen of them drawn out more than the micro stage, but all-in-all I consider the $$ for this title to be well spent and I recommend it, but like others have probably already mentioned, if you take yourself very seriously or have an issue about always being "cool" this might not be the game for you. If you just like to have fun, then I'd say go for it.

Wario Ware already is about the 3rd line in the game already right? There was one on another console and one for a handheld i forget the specifics. I'm sure its going be awhile before another wario ware comes out again. But to me it looks like the game was done mostly by commissioned artists, or a mass contest kind of them. the art varies greatly from each microgame and if this is true, (i havent looked into this theory) then im sure it wouldnt be too hard to have another contest for entries or have a commission come out and ask multiple artists again :p

Hm. Imo it deserves a 6/10, I found my self playing it less and less each day from around 1 hour each day, then to 1 hour each week then I only play it around once a month :prrr:

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I have also played the game and found it to be a blast when you are playing with a few friends.

Smooth Moves is such a great game...It mead for having friends over and wii parties. The single player may be short but there is still the challenge of unlocking everything. Heck my 3 1/2 year old loves it and has learned to use the wii because of this game.

Back