What anime are you watching at the moment?

I'm a sucker for those shows, Haruhi and K-On! Probably because I rarely communicate with their fanbases so I really have no true scale or perception of the hype. They're just cute simple shows that detract from the real world by being like the real world.

Didn't the director for Dead Leaves work a bit with TTGL. It would explain the drills. I have not seen too much of Ghost in the Shell. Way too many animes. I'm getting some sort of cranial mushroom cloud from thinking about it all.

So instead I play Portal. It's freaky.

Last edited:
^Guitars are selling well in Japan due to it.

I am going to watch Giniro... sometime.
Human killing robots are always interesting. Yay mecha!!

The op is so darn catchy.
destiny by CHiYO
I swear I've heard it somewhere before. Almost sounds like Invoke sung by a girl.

I must also get around to Ryvius and the .Hack shows.

How much are like a complete season of an anime? Does it depend on how old the anime is or how popular it is.
wooteu6.gif

Needs more grammar

I think he's asking how much the average anime season costs on DVD? If so, there's not really much way to tell. It depends on how many episodes there are (most anime have on average 13 or 26 episodes per season), how popular they are, how old they are, who you're buying from etc.

Oh man! I love the Opening theme for RahXephon. Show is... I have no idea. I've heard it's like Evangelion, but from what I've read, the theme contrasts greatly.

TVTropes says:

RahXephon: Neon Genesis Evangelion, as written by someone who isn't suicidally depressed and literally making it up as he goes along.

Where Evangelion is about dysfunction and despair cloaked in the arcanobabble of the Kaballah and Judeo-Christian myth, Rah Xephon is about transcendence and revelation, blending musical imagery and Mayan lore to produce a result that is thematically the total opposite to the bleakness of Evangelion's climax, even though the plot points are suspiciously similar.

TVTropes says:

RahXephon: Neon Genesis Evangelion, as written by someone who isn't suicidally depressed and literally making it up as he goes along.

Where Evangelion is about dysfunction and despair cloaked in the arcanobabble of the Kaballah and Judeo-Christian myth, Rah Xephon is about transcendence and revelation, blending musical imagery and Mayan lore to produce a result that is thematically the total opposite to the bleakness of Evangelion's climax, even though the plot points are suspiciously similar.
I like the bleakness and depression of Eva, I just didn't like that tedious mindf**k (especially at the end).

Back