What do you think of....

Gahhhh, what an atheist.

You only look out for yourself? You don't care what your children and grandchildren will be screwed with?

paintba||er said:
I don't care, as I can't see it causing any major problems in my lifetime.
Open your eyes...

i would be supprised if something didn't happen.

Um...you're first set of kids would be alive in 100 years. same with grandkids..... and great grandkids. tell me, are you really THAT caustic?

Brawny said:
Um...you're first set of kids would be alive in 100 years. same with grandkids..... and great grandkids. tell me, are you really THAT caustic?
As I said I don't know if I will even have kids, and if I do then that will be something that they will have to deal with, as I can do nothing about it. Caustic? I'm not sure the meaning of that word, I thought it meant the same thing as sarcastic, but I wasn't being sarcastic so can you please clarify?

Umm...I guess, if thats how you want to put it. I just think about myself and people I actually care about, not people I don't know and things that won't effect me. Also I never said I don't want kids, because I do, I just don't know if it will ever happen.

Gaz said:
lets put it this way, it's bad, and it's already to bad, we can't stop what we've started, it's a chain reaction which we can only slow down.
I agree and don't see it being stopped, let alone reduced anytime soon. It's a widely known issue and little is being done about it currently by nation governments.
paintba||er said:
Umm...I guess, if thats how you want to put it. I just think about myself and people I actually care about, not people I don't know and things that won't effect me. Also I never said I don't want kids, because I do, I just don't know if it will ever happen.
I understand what you mean and respect your view; not everyone will show the same concerns / views on global warning.

Global Warming... bah.
I recon all this rubbish saying like 'aww yeah the world will melt in 1409334 hours if you don't stop using electricity' is just stupid, for 2 reasons:
1. I doubt this is true, and is just a reason to try and get us to do stuff like buy solar panels or what have you, as to save energy yet spend more money (a gimmick like Valentines Day)
2. If it is true, why attempt to scare everyone about it? It's obvious no-one's gonna do anything, and even the minority who do, it's not gonna effect the planet a great deal.
All in all, my opinion, is it is a joke.

Brawny said:
Gahhhh, what an atheist.

You only look out for yourself? You don't care what your children and grandchildren will be screwed with?

Don't just blame the Atheist, in America there's a school that teaches:
A.) How to get in to politics
B.) That God will swoop down and stop global warming

Now that's dangerous. I'm not saying what you can believe and what you can't believe... I'm just saying that when making policies it's not OK to assume divine intervention will occur.

And on with global warming, as bad as it is we haven’t reached the critical point yet. When too many ice caps melt it will destroy the north Atlantic conveyer, so as well as much of Britain being flooded what’s left will suffer with Siberian temperature (Yay Snow ^ _^). America will also get it pretty bad, but Greenland will come out better… their climate won’t change much and as they’re use to it they can help others survive/export food. I think humanity will find a way to survive either way, but I still think that we have a responsibility to the planets other inhabitants that aren’t so adaptable.

And no... I'm not a tree-hugging hippie.

Woaw bit of a debate went on here

I am for stopping global warming but it is not all our fault, think about our grans and grandpas and their grans and grandpas and aso on and so forth, they are the ones who started it off and now we are going to suffer the consequences.

Leviathan said:
Don't just blame the Atheist, in America there's a school that teaches:
A.) How to get in to politics
B.) That God will swoop down and stop global warming

Now that's dangerous. I'm not saying what you can believe and what you can't believe... I'm just saying that when making policies it's not OK to assume divine intervention will occur.

And on with global warming, as bad as it is we haven’t reached the critical point yet. When too many ice caps melt it will destroy the north Atlantic conveyer, so as well as much of Britain being flooded what’s left will suffer with Siberian temperature (Yay Snow ^ _^). America will also get it pretty bad, but Greenland will come out better… their climate won’t change much and as they’re use to it they can help others survive/export food. I think humanity will find a way to survive either way, but I still think that we have a responsibility to the planets other inhabitants that aren’t so adaptable.

And no... I'm not a tree-hugging hippie.

Greenland is already suffering, each summer more and more of there ice is melting at an alarming rate, if half of greenland melts, and half of west antartica melt then sea level world wide will raise 20ft and we will have a chance of an ice age on our hands...
once the golf stream is shut off, an ice age will take about 10 years to form! that is NOTHING!!

Back