What the heck is WRONG with people???

ninnie x

AKA nintendoxxx1
Oct 20, 2006
The Nearest Dumster to your house...
Wii Online Code
5457-8878-2124-2087
Why are companies making so many shooting games for the PS3??? The Wii was MADE for taking advantage of motion controls AND POINTING!!! Can anyone please explain?:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

The ps3 in my opinion was meant for shooting games. I tried COD 3 on the wii, it was pretty much impossible. With the wii you have to be dam accurate just to kill somebody. Like paintballer said, the wii is for people that don't really play.

shooting games are usually very mature.... And sony consoles will usually have games that will have alot of blood and violence in it. so companies would always make more shootin games for the ps3.

Let me explain why this is. Every year or two the game industry, like movies, and music go through copy trends. One person makes something like Halo. The game sells well, and poser companies start thinking, "I wanna be like Mike." Although few can play as well as Michael Jordan. The result? We get a genre, and style people will mimic for years to come. This is why fighting games and RPGs no longer have the presence they had 6 years ago.

Until something replaces this current market of MMOs and FPS games, a gun wielding orc is just going to be the norm.

sagema said:
Let me explain why this is. Every year or two the game industry, like movies, and music go through copy trends. One person makes something like Halo. The game sells well, and poser companies start thinking, "I wanna be like Mike." Although few can play as well as Michael Jordan. The result? We get a genre, and style people will mimic for years to come. This is why fighting games and RPGs no longer have the presence they had 6 years ago.

Until something replaces this current market of MMOs and FPS games, a gun wielding orc is just going to be the norm.
But he is asking why they aren't on the Wii, not why there are so many FPS. Also, there are a lot of FPSs that are better than Halo IMO. Halo was the best when it came out, but since then it isn't too great since there are plenty of other games that are just as good.

Nintendo is recovering from the GC era. Most developers left Nintendo's Game Cube and went for Sony. It takes years to make games. If a game developer shows interest now in Nintendo, we won't see results for at least 2 years.

Last Gen Sales not final till late 2008.
GC 25 million units
Xbox 26 million units
PS2 110 million units

Current Gen close to exact
Wii 9 million units
360 12 million units
PS3 3.8 million units

Last edited:
sagema said:
Nintendo is recovering from the GC era. Most developers left Nintendo's Game Cube and went for Sony. It takes years to make games. If a game developer shows interest now in Nintendo, we won't see results for at least 2 years.

unless that company is rockstar, or any other of the countless developers that have jumped all over the wii, but wouldn't have gone any where near the cube.

there's gonna be plenty of shooters on the wii. i think the control mechanic will be perfected within the next year or so, and the games that do nail it are gonna be huge sellers.

i expect metroid (supposedly great controls) and medal of honor (online) to do extremely well.

there's plenty of hardcore shooter-loving gamers out there with wiis, not just the casual gamer. the wii's library will be huge and it will cover all genres.

paintba||er said:
Because the Wii is meant to attract people who wouldn't normally buy a console, not the hardcore gamers that would play those types of games.

Seriously enough with this man, the wii is not made to attract non-gamers.
Clearly not just non-gamers buy the wii, and just because there are non-gamers buying it that doesn't answer why there is not more shooters.

Sagema said it best.

Back