Sold out products = BAD

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Get that through your HEADS. I've been hearing it on and off for quite awhile. People making games selling out sound like a good thing. I just read on a forum something like: SSBB will be as hard to get as the Wii was when it comes out.
(this is after he is talking about how good SSBB will be)

WHAT?!

It's like, Nintendo has most of ya brainwashed into thinking selling out is the symbol of a good product.
NO.
Selling out is a horrible fault on the publishers or whatever distributor it is' fault. This is unless the game is thought to not sell well then does.

If you see an AAA title sell out it means the distributor is trying to cheat you, one day, the person who can't get a copy because it sold out will be YOU, then will you think it's such a great beacon of light?!

If you want an AAA title to sell out you're just dumb, not sorry, but ya are.

One last thing, it was okay for the Wii to sell out, in the beginning cause there was a chance it wouldn't catch on, but it has and now everything put on be it lame or golden sells like hot cakes, so there are no more needs for delays and you shouldn't hope for them.

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

One more thing, when people are fearing a game will sell out, like GH3, or SMG, that's just silly, and if it does, you should complain and that distributor should be looked down upon.

Last edited:
First off, nintendo games will never sell out. period
second, sold out products = good
If i can't get a copy of the AAA game then that just means that I'm missing out on all the greatness. No biggie, i'll just grab the game as soon as I see it.

I agree with Sovieto on this one, Nintendo must know how big of a smash SMG is going to be and SSBB to. There is no excuse for them to sell out, as mentioned you can understand when it's a console that they don't know is going to take off and then there's a lag where they try to get more out there, we're talking about a DVD here and some manuals.

Having a game sold out builds artificial hype for people who think "oh, well I wasn't going to get that but it's sold out everywhere...maybe there's a reason, I want it now" a crude example but it happens.

You're argument is a compelling one to say the least. Using the 'brainwashing' angle and saying that the Console creators (especially wii) are brainwashing us into believing their products are special. While that may be true, a lot of games that tend to be sold out are indeed special and well crafted.

Let's take a really hot game like, Super Mario Galaxy. It's yet to be released for everyone but it's defiantly going to be a hot and hard game to find. Now, have they already brainwashed us or do we realize from extensive reviewing that the game is quite amazing for the graphical detail and overall game play. I think that Wii has taken to account of this Nations Consumerism and they're using it to their advantage, but isn't that what all companies are trying to achieve?

In short, your idea is relevant and I'm sure that the advertisers/marketing planned on this, but I doubt it has a strong stranglehold as you are playing it up to be.

Selling out shows how good the game is, I just don't see how thats bad.
But I am not saying any game coming out soon will sell out, I am just saying it wouldn't be bad really.
Its just showing how good that particular game is.

Galaxy and Brawl though, won't be sold out.
One, distributors have tons and tons of copies of the game.
Big Stores have more copies of course, but little shops have a decent amount as well.
Plus many people wait awhile before buying the game, opting out of buying it the first day, in fears of the stores being too busy or the game not being there.

So your argument is structured on the basic thought that if a game sells out then it is because the developers didn't think the game was good enough to mass produce to the certain extent?

agrred, but for some poeple games that sell out for some reason seems to raise thier self esteem........dont ask me why. cause i dont know

Renz said:
First off, nintendo games will never sell out. period
second, sold out products = good
If i can't get a copy of the AAA game then that just means that I'm missing out on all the greatness. No biggie, i'll just grab the game as soon as I see it.
no, if nintendo has a game that great they should know it and aim for surplus of that game.

Cpt.McCloud said:
So your argument is structured on the basic thought that if a game sells out then it is because the developers didn't think the game was good enough to mass produce to the certain extent?
no, but that should be the only case in which a game does sell out.

CantGetAWii said:
Selling out shows how good the game is, I just don't see how thats bad.
But I am not saying any game coming out soon will sell out, I am just saying it wouldn't be bad really.
Its just showing how good that particular game is.

Galaxy and Brawl though, won't be sold out.
One, distributors have tons and tons of copies of the game.
Big Stores have more copies of course, but little shops have a decent amount as well.
Plus many people wait awhile before buying the game, opting out of buying it the first day, in fears of the stores being too busy or the game not being there.
it is a bad thing because if the game is that good the distributor should know it, esp. now where in these days it seems like publishers want their products to sell out. so you know if it does then the publisher did this on purpose, trying to copy the wii console itself. what im saying is if a game sells out that everyone knows is good, then it has to be the publisher cheating you in which case you not only know its a good game, but a bad publisher.

Last edited:
wait i never pay attention if games sold out....i just assumed they always did, so i tend to reserve games...........oh well there's always the just in case

I don't see it as a bad thing, or a good thing....this is why

say if i make toys, and i make 10 toys a month, i started making them at very beginning of the month, does it matter to me if i sell 5 to the store half way through the month and the other 5 at the end of the month? The only difference is that 5 kids get a toy half a month earlier than everyone else and are happy for a whole half a month more than they would have been if i sold the store 10 toys at the end of the month.

Back