Wii vs Xbox

If you were not impressed with Blu-ray or HD-DVD, you were viewing them on a crappy little TV or need a new pair of glasses.

Last edited:
Wii...

I did not mean that I was totally unimpressed by the Blu-Ray. It was very good...BUT it was not as good as I EXPECTED, with everyone saying that the Blu-Ray is next generation and whatever. For $600, it may be cheap as a Blu-Ray, but the graphics are not a whole much different from the Wii, in my opinion. And many more people agree with me. In fact, MOST people do...just go on Google and search "Wii vs PS3".

It really depends what type of gamer you are. If you do not mind spending $350 more and getting a "Blu-Ray" is a must just because everyone says it's next generation, then the PS3 is for you. I don't mind spending the money, I have more than enough. But if I could chose only one game system to play with all day, it'll be hands down the Wii.

I personally do not care if it has blu-ray, topmost technology or anything. But I do compare the controller, graphics, excitement, realisticness...everything the normal gamer looks into.

Have you even tried each system personally or just saying that from the descriptions you've read?

And no, I am NOT biast....I don't like Sony better than Nintendo or vise versa, but their individual products...well, they have a heck of a difference. It just depends which way you look at it.

In addition, I was actually playing the game on a brand new 48" flatscreen LCD Panasonic TV...need I say more? And if I was really that blind that I couldn't see the graphics on the TV, do you really think I could see the computer? I do have glasses, and I do wear them all the time.

Last edited:
Link is a moron. The PS3 uses HDMI and the quality is top notch. So much for that one buddy. My PS1 and PS2 worked flawlessly the entire time I owned them. So much for that one. Why dont you go do some tests chief and come back when you actually make a point that isnt ridiculously stupid.

ddslee pretty much put you in your place for me so take a seat, relax and enjoy the show chump.

wiiroxmysox said:
I fully tested the Wii, PS3 and 360, so here's my conclusion...

I am waiting for a Wii...in fact, I was so impressed by it, I am ready to stand in line for hours if I need to!!! My best friend's brother (Dan) has a 360, PS3 and Wii...Wii, of course, after playing each, DEFINITLY smokes the 360 by a longshot! :) At first, I didn't think it'll be all that great, because of the price was so low and stuff, but the graphics are AWESOME and the motion sensor response is breathtakingly fast...heck, my parents were playing Wii Sports by the end! It can't get any better then that. Plus, it has internet.

And about the PS3...sure the Blu-Ray is cool, but I don't think it's worth $600. The controller is blah, and the graphics aren't especially great or anything. Wii is total new approach to gaming. DVD player isn't really cool, you can get a good one for $60 nowadays. So, Wii smokes the PS3, too. The only reason it's $600 is because of the Blu-Ray, which didn't impress me all that much.

Well, Dan, my sister, my friend and I definitly think the Wii is the best. Out of all the games we played, we played the Wii most. In fact, we only played the PS3 to try it out, and not the 360 at all. (Dan had gotten it a year ago, so we had already tested it).

I recommend you wait for a Wii, it'll definitly be worth it. :thumbsup:
ummm what smokes the 360 by a longshot?

So far I've fully tested these game systems (excluding handhelds): Super Nitendo, GameCube, PS1, PS2, XBox 360, PS3 and Wii. None of them has impressed me more than a Wii. Neither my dad, and he is a tech-freak. He works as a respected Graphics Instructor in ITT. I am not influenced by other people, reviews, company descriptions or anything. But, if you do look at Google, they'll tell you many, many ways a Wii beats everything else. That's my final say.

Hey guys,why did the 360 sell more than the wii and ps3 on the weekend they were released? oh yeah, GEARS OF WAR

ddslee said:
PS3 is the best Blu-ray player out there at the moment. It is a top rated Blu-ray player, not a "second rate". For $600, it is a bargain even just as a Blu-ray player.

Quote:
"Even if you look past the price difference, the arguments for buying a PS3 instead of current Blu-ray players are overwhelming. First, the PS3 is currently the only HDMI 1.3 Blu-ray player on the market. What that means in real terms is that it is the only current Blu-ray player that will be compatible with future HDMI 1.3 receivers that will be able to decode the highest-resolution soundtrack formats: DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. (That pretty much obviates the PS3's dearth of 5.1 analog audio inputs as well.) Another factor is that the PS3 is flat-out the fastest player of the bunch. It skips chapters nearly instantly and loads discs fast, while the others move along at a relatively slow pace. "

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9667998-1.html
you forgot this part dude LOL!

Two new Blu-ray players that we haven't seen yet, the Sony BDSP1 and the Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1, have a slight edge in that they claim to output 1080p/24. This could be a slight knock against the PS3 since it can't currently do that, although we've seen reports that it might be able to in the future. Probably the biggest disadvantage of the PS3 is that it currently does not upscale regular DVDs. Sony has promised an update in the future, but there's no guarantee it will do as good of a job as the DMP-BD10 and the BDP9000--both are more than competent upscaling DVD players.

aaaaaand this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that everyone should run out and buy a PS3. In fact, that only new gaming system I own is the Nintendo Wii, and I'm not planning on buying a high-def disc player until the current format war shakes out a little more. Also, don't forget we're just weeks away from the Consumer Electronics Show, where we'll see a full line-up of second-generation Blu-ray players that may very well give the PS3 a run for its money. But if you just absolutely need to own a Blu-ray player now, the PS3 looks to be the best of the bunch.

psychono2 said:
Hey guys,why did the 360 sell more than the wii and ps3 on the weekend they were released? oh yeah, GEARS OF WAR

where did that figure come from? and the x-box360 had like a year of production on them anyway.

second rate all the way same that happened with the ps2 dvd player.

lethal i'm enjoying the show,don't you?

relax,nowadays with google anyone can be a "know it all".go do some more reading,or wait till someone else post for you.ill continue testing my stuff and talking for what i see,not for what i read.

Keeganlunn said:
where did that figure come from? and the x-box360 had like a year of production on them anyway.
I can't remember right now..but they sold more 360's in the launch weekend of ps3 and wii due to the fact of GoW

wiiroxmysox said:
So far I've fully tested these game systems (excluding handhelds): Super Nitendo, GameCube, PS1, PS2, XBox 360, PS3 and Wii. None of them has impressed me more than a Wii. Neither my dad, and he is a tech-freak. He works as a respected Graphics Instructor in ITT.

What kind of graphics instructor is impressed by yesteryear graphics? That just made me lose interest in anything you have to say. A graphics Instructor would be into new graphics not technology. Not a cheap gimmicky controler that the Wii is sportin. Its not even built with good technology. Hense the delay. This is not new technology man. Nintendo didnt invent this lol. Good motion sensory wouldnt have the delay that the Wii has. Why do you think Nintendo can put a $250 tag on it? The gimmick will die off sometime in 2007 and it will eventually die the same fate the gamecube had. The controler will only prolong the death.
And everybody in these forums have tested a Super Nintendo, GC, PS, PS2, and Xbox. WHy even mention systems that are 5-15yrs old? Another pointless post.

actually, wii is the best because it's the only system which somebody plays and says "it's perfect"...but nobody is impressed by playing a ps3 or an xbox360.....wii is the most special, especially with the internet and those updates....:ihih:

lenitao said:
actually, wii is the best because it's the only system which somebody plays and says "it's perfect"...but nobody is impressed by playing a ps3 or an xbox360.....wii is the most special, especially with the internet and those updates....:ihih:

PS3 has a better internet. And the Xbox 360 is very impressive. Dont say nobody is impressed but them.

Back