Wii vs Xbox

Link_ said:
whos more moron,the moron or the moron that argue with them?

why zelda? simple,because thats the game to beat right now,and because it took360 a year to have a decent game(gow) wii has already begun and have zelda.

the games you mentioned are plain good(except gow) but not AAA games(like zelda)

"Anybody that picks Wii over the Xbox 360 is a moron"

there goes all credibility you could have.
fanboy;)

Your post was so pointless. Moron! Fanboys dont own other systems. I own all 3 so how am I a fanboy. i speak from facts and experience. Ok whos next?

Does my sig have anything to do with a 360 or a PS3? Boy am I a great fanboy lol.

Lethal said:
Your post was so pointless. Moron! Fanboys dont own other systems. I own all 3 so how am I a fanboy. i speak from facts and experience. Ok whos next?

Does my sig have anything to do with a 360 or a PS3? Boy am I a great fanboy lol.
congrats in owning the 3 systems,i dont think im qualified to speak having all systems in my collection,from atari 2600 to nintendo wii,i dont have 360 or ps3 because i dont see the need to spend that much on "standard" games on ps3 case,the 360 may be worth a purchase for GOW but not yet,may be when the japanese companies begin to develop quality titles for it.

so much for a fanboy eh?

Last edited:
darthbeaverxp said:
And yet you play mario sunshine and raving rabbids probably.
Nope I've never played Mario Sunshine as I didnt own a Gamecube, I had a PS2. And I dont play raving rabbids either cause I hate "party" games.

So seems like you know nothing about me therefore you cant come to a conclusion

Wii_Smurf said:
THEY BOTH GOOD

Personally I have a Wii but if I had enough money I'd have both

Im quoting myself here

Get what ever system you want but they are both Good. So is PS3. They are all great consoles apart from the PS3 Price.

no one cares for hd-dvd.It's too early to even wonder about it till they get a good library of movies.and no is talking about xbox with hd-dvd player,there saying consoles by themselves.

I have always been a Nintendo fan so I say Wii. Even though Halo is awesome.

psychono2 said:
no one cares for hd-dvd.It's too early to even wonder about it till they get a good library of movies.and no is talking about xbox with hd-dvd player,there saying consoles by themselves.

Nobody cares? Maybe you dont but I do and all the others that bought the HD-DVD player. For what you get the price is perfect. Argue it all you want but the PS3 is a better deal for the money.

^^^you get what you pay,600 for a second rate blue ray player that plays ps3,and some ps2,ps1 games.same happened with the ps1 and the second rate dvd player on the ps2.

i have my HDdvd player and im happy with it.for gaming i have my consoles.

Link_ said:
^^^you get what you pay,600 for a second rate blue ray player that plays ps3,and some ps2,ps1 games.

First off please do explain how the PS3 has a 2nd rate blu-ray player? And maybe it only plays some PS1/PS2 games because its NEW TECHNOLOGY!!!! NOT LAST GEN CRAP! Sure is easy for the Wii to play gamecube games because it is a gamecube with a new shell and a different drive. Seriously man do some research before yapping.

Im going to make a list of all the dumbest people on here that speak without knowing or reading the facts about these systems. I have like 5 people that nobody should ever listen to lol.

!

Honestly, they CANNOT compare. I was about 8 or 9 when Nintendo 64 came out. It was my FAVORITE system, ever. About 2 or 3 years later, BAM, I got Xbox..I was really impressed, but I still had my N64...Eventually, I got rid of it and the 40+ games I had for it. Nintendo was my childhood, and Xbox was just...there...The Wii brings back memories to me and helps create new ones...Wii!

Lethal said:
First off please do explain how the PS3 has a 2nd rate blu-ray player? And maybe it only plays some PS1/PS2 games because its NEW TECHNOLOGY!!!! NOT LAST GEN CRAP! Sure is easy for the Wii to play gamecube games because it is a gamecube with a new shell and a different drive. Seriously man do some research before yapping.

Im going to make a list of all the dumbest people on here that speak without knowing or reading the facts about these systems. I have like 5 people that nobody should ever listen to lol.

sure do,ill explain it quite easily.
1)tell me how many people you know that their ps1(old model) had to be turned upside down or from the side because the lens was so crappy it burned over time?(i still have my sega saturn and works perfect,i had like 4 or 5 ps1 all with the same problem,so as friends of mine)
2)the dvd player on the ps2 is a second rate,try to compare the image quality to any other good quality dvd player and you will see what im talking.

so,the ps3 is a 600 machine that plays blue ray discs.in order for sony(cheapest big name company ever)squeeze a blue ray player that plays games and movies they had to make sacrifices.obiously dont think for a moment that sony will include their best optical lens in the system for 600,the why the hell does they sell their regular blue ray players for a 1,000?
try to compare the image of the ps3 player with a regular blue ray player and you will see.

the wii can play gamecube games ok,and yes its from the same specs of the GC,but thats what nintendo always said.they didn tried to squeeze stuff just to make the system look "cool" or with low end components.aka sony.

try to include yourself in your little list and relpy once you have compared the image quality,only then you will not be one of those dumb people that speaks without knowing or testing(not reading).;)

Wii...

I fully tested the Wii, PS3 and 360, so here's my conclusion...

I am waiting for a Wii...in fact, I was so impressed by it, I am ready to stand in line for hours if I need to!!! My best friend's brother (Dan) has a 360, PS3 and Wii...Wii, of course, after playing each, DEFINITLY smokes the 360 by a longshot! :) At first, I didn't think it'll be all that great, because of the price was so low and stuff, but the graphics are AWESOME and the motion sensor response is breathtakingly fast...heck, my parents were playing Wii Sports by the end! It can't get any better then that. Plus, it has internet.

And about the PS3...sure the Blu-Ray is cool, but I don't think it's worth $600. The controller is blah, and the graphics aren't especially great or anything. Wii is total new approach to gaming. DVD player isn't really cool, you can get a good one for $60 nowadays. So, Wii smokes the PS3, too. The only reason it's $600 is because of the Blu-Ray, which didn't impress me all that much.

Well, Dan, my sister, my friend and I definitly think the Wii is the best. Out of all the games we played, we played the Wii most. In fact, we only played the PS3 to try it out, and not the 360 at all. (Dan had gotten it a year ago, so we had already tested it).

I recommend you wait for a Wii, it'll definitly be worth it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Link_ said:
^^^you get what you pay,600 for a second rate blue ray player that plays ps3,and some ps2,ps1 games.same happened with the ps1 and the second rate dvd player on the ps2.

i have my HDdvd player and im happy with it.for gaming i have my consoles.

PS3 is the best Blu-ray player out there at the moment. It is a top rated Blu-ray player, not a "second rate". For $600, it is a bargain even just as a Blu-ray player.

Quote:
"Even if you look past the price difference, the arguments for buying a PS3 instead of current Blu-ray players are overwhelming. First, the PS3 is currently the only HDMI 1.3 Blu-ray player on the market. What that means in real terms is that it is the only current Blu-ray player that will be compatible with future HDMI 1.3 receivers that will be able to decode the highest-resolution soundtrack formats: DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. (That pretty much obviates the PS3's dearth of 5.1 analog audio inputs as well.) Another factor is that the PS3 is flat-out the fastest player of the bunch. It skips chapters nearly instantly and loads discs fast, while the others move along at a relatively slow pace. "

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9667998-1.html

Back