What the Wii™ really needs.

WOOP!

Me, waiting for BWii, and MoH! And here's hoping Red Steel 2 is gonna come out soon, with online, and generally better!

Because in terms of graphical horse power the Nintendo Wii is massively underpowered compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360

Free Radical Design will probally want to utilize the HD capabilities of these two consoles to showcase the eye candy and physics these two consoles are capable of.

Sure they could develop a Wii version and implement the control scheme into gameplay but graphically it will be diadvantaged in comparison

I think the key element for Nintendo will be to develop a unique FPS that uses the controller in a way we havent seen yet.

Take away your standard elements that make up you typical FPS and take the concept of what defines a " FPS " into a new direction we as gamers havent seen yet.

Take away weapons for example and use the controller in different ways to manipulate your environment as a way of using the enviroment as your weapon.

Don't get me wrong i'm not jumping on the 360 / PS3 bandwagon but look at it from a developers perspective if you want to create a game that showcases what you as a developer is capable of. And you wan't to create a game that can immerse you with it's graphical power then why choose the Wii? it's simple

Hence why Resident Evil 5 is heading for the Big Boys simply because it's a next generation title Nintendo wii isn't truly next gen

On the other hand apparently the Wii is in theory two times more powerful than the gamecube surely eventually we can see some evolution in graphics on a Wii console as it is still only in it's first year of release.

Hopefully things will get better as developers unlock the secrets and become more familiar with Nintendos Hardware it's only a matter of time before some really decent titles hit.

Look at how the DS has changed the way we play games

( Phantom Hourglass for example is a incredible way of innovation and the many ways of getting the user to interact with the technology is impressive)

The games industry has become stale in general you got your Halos your GTAS , Nintendo for me is the future they are the innovators and things can only get better :)

thanks for reading

ally_uk said:
Time splitters 4 hasn't be confirmed for the Wii so I wouldn't keep your hopes up

Nintendo need a orignal FPS infact with the money they are making from console sales it's about time for them to invest in some original third party games

Bungee anyone?

yes it has. i read it on IGN

jesse1596 said:
I want the wii to feature a demo channel like xbox live.

they r allready working on a channel called the download channel...it lets u preview games both for wii and ds and demos to!

Ellokko1 said:
they r allready working on a channel called the download channel...it lets u preview games both for wii and ds and demos to!

I know that, I just want them to hurry up and do it.

Well a lot of you guys are going wayyy off-topic.

Where's the "woop" at?!!

Anyways.. Time Splitters 4 = awesome

WOOP! ^__^

Ign are about as reliable as a Postman with Alzheimers Disease

Until Free Radical announce Timesplitters 4 for the Nintendo Wii do not keep your hopes up! :lol:

Ya Battalion Wars 2 and Medal of Honor 2 Heroes. They may delay MoH2 for a mic.

Back