Wii's Wi-fi Speed.

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
Hmm... WHAT IS THE WII'S NETWORK ADAPTER'S MAXIMUM INTERNET SPEED?

I'm lookin for the best and cheapest wireless router for the wii

Im thinking about getting the Linksys WRT300N, however i think that this is too powerful and I'm worried that the wii doesnt even need this much speed.

So my question is, up to how much internet speed can the wii's wi-fi use or in other words, What's the wii's maximum internet speed?

P.S. If you know the best cheapest router that will give the wii the best possible speed, please leave the info :D

Last edited:
phillepino said:
Hmm...

I'm lookin for the best and cheapest wireless router for the wii

Im thinking about getting the Linksys WRT300N, however i think that this is too powerful and I'm worried that the wii doesnt even need this much speed.

So my question is, up to how much internet speed can the wii's wi-fi use or in other words, What's the wii's maximum internet speed?

P.S. If you know the best cheapest router that will give the wii the best possible speed, please leave the info :D
The WRT300N would be an especially bad choice. It uses the more new Wireless N technology, while the Wii uses Wireless B/G.
It would be a complete waste.
Stick to any decent wireless g router that can go on b/g mode.
Can't really go to wrong just look for the any router made by Linksys, Dlink, motorola, belkin, etc..

soo do you know the maximum speed that the Wii can wield/use?

coz there's different speeds like 54 Mbps

i wonder if shud go any higher than 54 Mbps

phillepino said:
soo do you know the maximum speed that the Wii can wield/use?

coz there's different speeds like 54 Mbps

i wonder if shud go any higher than 54 Mbps
I wouldn't worry about surpassing the speed of your Wii. Your internet speed is not dependent on your router so much, but more on your actual internet from your ISP.

I thot the router can only give so much speed?

And that's why they have limits?

Different routers will not really differ in speed. As long as you get wireless G it'll be fine.

Are you sure?

Let's say we have T1 internet connection

My Belkin router can only send 54.0Mbps while WRT300N can send up to a lot more

That's why I'm wondering how much speed can the wii take max?

For example, if only I had 54.0 Mbps network adapter, I would get 54.0 Mbps max connection from my router even if it is the faster router in the world. If I had the 300n network adapter and WRT300N router I will get the fastest possible speed, higher than 54.0 mbps if that makes sense

Last edited:
I have the same router at home and in my condo (doorm). It is a linksys wrt54g, which is just a basic linksys router. When I do a system update, it takes about 5 minutes at my house, and about 4 hours here, which is not even an exageration, so basically what I am trying to say is that everyone above me is right. Just get a good router that you can afford, the biggest factor in internet speed is your service provider, and what service you have through them.

Hope that helped.

Anyone played mario strikers?

And does it lag with it?

Can anyone answer this question?

"What is the maximum speed that the Wii can take?"

phillepino said:
Are you sure?

Let's say we have T1 internet connection

My Belkin router can only send 54.0Mbps while WRT300N can send up to a lot more

That's why I'm wondering how much speed can the wii take max?

For example, if only I had 54.0 Mbps network adapter, I would get 54.0 Mbps max connection from my router even if it is the faster router in the world. If I had the 300n network adapter and WRT300N router I will get the fastest possible speed, higher than 54.0 mbps if that makes sense
Wireless N will not make the internet go faster because the Wii is not Wireless N. It wouldn't even be able to connect with wireless N.

I have no idea what the max speed is, but you coul dprobally find out from nintendo, or check their website for specs.

Sorry that I can not answer it. However it does not really matter right now because there is no way that you could surpass it.
Do you happen to know what type of connection you have?

I have a verizon DSL connection XD

but im planning to get comcast cable soon ^__^

and hopefully I won't lag when SSBB comes out that's why im asking all these questions :D

What connection do you have? What Router do you have? and... Do you lag in any of the games online?

phillepino said:
I have a verizon DSL connection XD

but im planning to get comcast cable soon ^__^

and hopefully I won't lag when SSBB comes out that's why im asking all these questions :D

What connection do you have? What Router do you have? and... Do you lag in any of the games online?
I was looking for a more specific internet speed, but it's alright if you don't know it.
I'm with Rogers on a 8.0mbps connection. Using a Wireless G router from Motorola. I can get the model number if you'd like.
Have not tried any online Wii games yet, but my Wii's other internet functions run smoothly.

Last edited:
I have the same service at my house, and I get good conection with my router, but I have not done any online games, sory.

as far as verizon with my laptop, it rocks.

Back