Wii WiFi speeds.

stop the bullshit wii is B and G

GRRRR wII IS B and G i use hercules 802,11GGGGGGGGG wifi transmitter from my laptop works fine al you B user have errors

ivandb: You're a wiitard. Come back when you know something about networking.

i got my wii today and it took about HALF HOUR to update and now its undating the channels. its been updating the cannels for about 10 mins now and its only about 10% done. if that!

ivandb said:
your the idiot using g g g

No, I'm the idiot for actually watching 10 minutes of some tard with epilepsy try to film their shitty laptop and out of focus Wii.

The simple fact is, THE BROADCOM LINUX DRIVERS DO NOT YET SUPPORT 802.11G. PERIOD.

You loose. Good day sir :nono:

JKarp said:
The Wii is 802.11b, not g.

It is "G". Currently running BCM4318. It will soon be replaced with another chip. I also run the same chip for my dell notebook.

Last edited:
domkstaa said:
It is "G". Currently running BCM4318. It will soon be replaced with another chip. I also run the same chip for my dell notebook.

You need to read the whole thread. The BCM4318 CAN support 802.11g but Broadcom hasn't released Linux drivers that do g yet. Therefore, the Wii is 802.11b. I've got a $10K Wireless analyzer that confirms it.

only a loser

only a loser ho states bullshit here about thinks they dont know **** about jkarp is one of those wannabees that didnt have the luck or money to get a wii and now he is imagining he is a wii and network expert 10k analyzer my ass stop advising people about the wii when your a ps1 *****

ivandb said:
why does my wy run on the G explain jtard

Why? because your little wiz-bang hercules does 802.11b too. Your Wii is running b like the rest of us.

AND finally with that last dose of gradeschool grammar from you (it's Wii, not wy asshat), welcome to my ignore file.

Last edited:
JKarp said:
You need to read the whole thread. The BCM4318 CAN support 802.11g but Broadcom hasn't released Linux drivers that do g yet. Therefore, the Wii is 802.11b. I've got a $10K Wireless analyzer that confirms it.

What are you talking about? Where do you get the info where Broadcom hasn't released Linux drivers that doesn't support G? I confirmed this with the group that worked on the wifi chip for the WII and it is running in "G" band. Remember the 4318 chip is backward compatible to B so if your AP is running in "B" then of course you will see "B" when you use the network analyzer.

Here is the press release:
http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=854744

Back