The game genre the wii is missing?

I think the Wii has a good variety of genres already, but one they could focus on more is FPS. Controls work great for those kind of games, I would like to see more.

T3kNi9e said:
Nintendo will never develop or even publish an actual violent game.

That, no matter what the feelings toward Nintendo and its violence policy may be, is simply speculation. Nintendo could surprise us.

Good stuff good stuff.........
The orange box would work INCREDIBLY!!!!

What the Wii needs are some great strategy games. And I don't mean that crap like BWii that is pedaled as a strategy game. It may be a neat game, but that's no strategy game. The Wii controls are absolutely designed perfectly for strategy games.

Heck, I'll even take a port of the 10 year old Starcraft, as long as it has online.

They should make a game with all the Nintendo Characters(Like Brawl) where they all wield huge guns and blow each other up. Then I can finally blow up Daisy's head with Tingle and Waluigi! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, like that's gonna happen!

CantGetAWii said:
I think the Wii has a good variety of genres already, but one they could focus on more is FPS. Controls work great for those kind of games, I would like to see more.

That, no matter what the feelings toward Nintendo and its violence policy may be, is simply speculation. Nintendo could surprise us.

Since their is no actual fact to that, its possible. But I seriously doubt it. I heard Nintendo turned down games because it was violent.

Nintendo systems always seem to lack decent racing sims. They have had great arcade style racers but i always wanted something a bit more realistic to go along with my Mario Kart.

Wii is still short on racers with only Excite Truck really standing out. Mario Kart will help but it would be nice to have more variety. It would be great if F-zero was announced too.

There is a fair amount of GTA clones available for Wii with The Godfather and Scarface being the best of the bunch so i don't think that genre is really lacking so far.

One that is a bit lacking in general imo is sports. Sure we have Wii Sports which is great but i thought we would have had some fully fleshed out sports titles by now. Maybe we will get some this year with Sega's Superstar Tennis, Topspin 3 and We Love Golf. It is an area where the Wii should be able to dominate so i hope that some real effort is being put into these games.

The wii was bulit for FPS... we need some great online fps's... Bungie went 3rd party so GIVE US HALO! lol....

What's really missing is a good ol' Final Fantasy game, but it looks like be getting that back (along with Dragon Warrior).

But back to FPS, what if Nintendo release a version of Metroid that was like 10% puzzle and 90% shooting (kinda the opposite of MP3), and had 4 player at home mode plus online battles like Halo. That would fit nicely :yesnod:

skidmarx said:
What's really missing is a good ol' Final Fantasy game, but it looks like be getting that back (along with Dragon Warrior).

But back to FPS, what if Nintendo release a version of Metroid that was like 10% puzzle and 90% shooting (kinda the opposite of MP3), and had 4 player at home mode plus online battles like Halo. That would fit nicely :yesnod:

it'd be better if they made a new Sci-Fi shooter, instead of ruining metroid.

i'd be down with that, so long as they added more weapons.

halo wars...meet metroid wars.

AoWFraggit said:
i'd be down with that, so long as they added more weapons.

halo wars...meet metroid wars.
Agreed, a metroid hunters type thing on the wii would be awesome, that could be their next thing maybe...

I think they need a collection type game. Like, a SEGA collection where you'd have like 50 old sega games :D

is it just me, or is samus aran modeled after megaman?

lawl.

Back