what to get for wife and I

dreamcastninja

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
Virginia Beach, VA
I got a wii, wife was mad. I have 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks, wii sports, and wii play. It should be here friday.

Question, I MIGHT be getting 125 via paypal for a car part i'm selling and I can sneak that to get a wii game or two. Question is what games are fun to play that have lasting appeal. Stuff like paper mario and all has zero replay. I'm looking for something fun that six months from now I can pick up and still have fun with. Any suggestions?

if you like sports, madden is always fun for a game (can keep track of wins and be competitive)

RR and Wario are both long lasting fun

and cant forget about mario party coming out this week

I'd go with the new mario party and/or madden, either that or wait for strikers (play as a team against others online (good bonding))

I'd suggest Warioware Smooth Moves or Rayman Raving Rabbids. Really fun games with unlimited replay value. Their party games but playing with two is just as fun (that's what I've been doing with my sister and friends)...

Maybe just maybe Mario Party 8, when it's released in a few days but I've haven't yet played the game...

I wouldn't recommend Madden or Mario Stikers if you're playing with your wife (or with women) the learning curve would probably put them off. If you plan on playing alone or with your buddies then hell yeah but I'd lean towards Mario Strikers because of online play or just wait for Madden 08 (has online play)

Last edited:
My suggestion: DON'T SNEAK MONEY BEHIND THE WIFE'S BACK. Not that I'm Dr. Phil, but I know one thing: when it comes to money and women... there is no such thing as sneaking. You will feel her wrath. :p
Just use the $125 to get something really nice for HER and she'll forget about the Wii.

Edit: Oh yeah, Mario Party 8 should be out tomorrow. Screw it, pick that up and the wife will wanna play anyway. Get her something with the other $65 lol

lol the wife got mad.....sounds like me when the other half buys a benelli m4 with the over time money he made instead of saving it for our vacation in july.....achem! i bet she made that same face that i made!!!! :yikes: good luck sleeping in the dog house.

get warioware or mario party 8 :) those are both very entertaining. problem is though you need to have more than one person to play with. solo isnt that fun. it can get a bit boring. the more people there the more fun it is and the stupider you look playing it lmao (ive been laughed at a few times doing the elephant in warioware amongst my friends haha)

ETA- if you want to make it up to her , just whisper the words "david yurman" oh shell love you forever lmao works for me ive got more jewlery from david yurman that will make you bankrupt hahaha <3

i say if youre going to go the gift route, MAKE her something.....we buy too much stuff and expect it all to mean something, making something personal is so much better

Or try to convince her that MP8 is fun for everyone. Seriously, if you can get her hooked, the problem is solved. No more sneaking necessary, she'll be visiting gamestop with you.

Compromise works too. If you can get MP8, you'll take her dancing or something. Just a thought.

Back