what new game to get

dreamcastninja

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
Virginia Beach, VA
You can see my list of what I have below.

I want a new game, prolly be able to get one when I go to the mall today.

What game should I get. I'm already tired of wii play since I put it on (i expected that), monkey ball is fun but i've seen it on gamecube before, sonic is fun in small doses, and wii sports is also fun in small doses.

I am thinking about red steel or MAYBE excite truck, then again excite truck is the same mechanics as sonic and i'm not into truck racing.

Between the two I'll prolly get red steel, should I get red steel? If not, what else should I consider?

I recently bought Paper Mario, it's very fun.
It doesn't have a lot of replay value, but it will keep you busy for a while.
If you want to max it out, once you beat the game, there are trading cards and recipies to collect.
There are also arcade games that give you tokens. With enough tokens you can get items that increase your HP and Atk.

I've been renting some games too, I got NFS: Carbon and I'm hooked.
I had to change the controls to use the nunchuck too. It took some getting used to, but it's very fun.
I'm going to rent Excite truck too, but I've been looking for a racing game and I think NFS fit the bill.

i dont like the fact that you cant hold B to run in paper mario. I want an old school sidescroller mario game, seems like paper has a lot of backtracking and stuff from reviews, look good, but just not my cup of tea.
i played nfs on ps2, didnt like it.
i guess i'm just waiting for better stuff to come out :(

Godfather without a shadow of a doubt! Spot on tiger

I will call it core system now everywhere, just because you tried to correct me on something so petty.

Also, i busted a wii mote today, already. First real day of having it. THink I'll get farcry cuz it's cheap.

If you're into snow sports, namely snowboarding/skiing, AND you are up for a challenge in terms of gameplay, you should get SSX Blur. The learning curve is very steep but once you get the hang of the controls, it's very fun and rewarding.

Dont get Red Steel or Excitetruck, they both suck.

I thought Mario Paper was extremely boring.

Tiger Woods Golf 07 was good.

Zelda of course is a good game.

Call of Duty 3 was good too.

dreamcastninja said:
I will call it core system now everywhere, just because you tried to correct me on something so petty.

Also, i busted a wii mote today, already. First real day of having it. THink I'll get farcry cuz it's cheap.
lol farcry is cheap for a reason........it BLOWS

Farcry was horrible, Red Steel is a game that you should rent before you buy it, and there is a Pixl in SPM that allows you to run while holding the "B" key.

I got tiger woods 07 and I think its a blast. Far better then the golf on wii sports. I also got GT Pro Series and it is actually pretty fun IMO. I also got Wii Play which I also enjoy. I like trying to beat other scores. I will be getting rapala fishing tomorow.

If you've never played Resident Evil 4 before I think that's worth waiting for on the Wii. Should be out in 2-3 weeks time. That's if you wana wait and really like shooters (close enough to FPS) plus a little horror and one heck of a storyline...

But if you have to get a game now, I'd highly recommend spending some extra cash for Zelda if you like action/RPG based gameplay with a great storyline, wonderful graphics and almost perfect use of the Wii remote. Not to mention Zelda would probaly last you months if your a casual gamer, a very great package and value overall...

Last edited:
The best Wii game and one of the best games ever is definitely Red Steel. This game is great fun: excellent story and voice acting, great gun fighting and sword controllers, and in my opinion, the best Wii graphics to date. A definite must for diehard-FPS fans!

Back