Where to sell a Wii

use craigslist....ebay has too many fees and in the end u will make the same as craigslist if not less. you can get prolly at the very most 325-350 for a used console and add another 50-60 for a used set of controllers. dont worry about what people say about selling stuff over retail... yeah it can be seen as a lil shady but in the business world people will pay more for it so get what u can. also if u think of it this way you are charging buyers for your time waiting in line to get it or looking for it.

dont get too greedy on the price though else u are gonna be sitting around trying to sell your console forever and the value is gonna go down eventually.

good luck with the sale =)

Last edited:
Am I the only one baffled as to how a 12 year old girl would prefer a 360 over a wii....

What games would she play for the 360? Fight Night?

vagrant im with you, there might be maybe 1 or 2 games she might play on the 360, She will plays those games get board and want a wii or a ps3.

Sometimes, it's not how you play, but it's who you play it with. Have her friends come over and play with her.

dcofty said:
I understand where you are coming from, but I really think she should give the wii a chance, in a few weeks it sounds like you will be selling the 360 as well. What the wii is for is bring families together.

I agree with dcofty. First of all, most of the units being sold on ebay are New, in the box, never opened and never played. Yours is a used unit and needs to be sold as used. What games did she get? I think you should try to learn to play the Wii so you could play with her. The Wii is designed to be easier than the conventional type controllers. I bought the unit for my son who is 14. He would have rather had the xbox 360 but knew there was no way I would spring for $500 bucks before playing games. I have spent that much on the Wii for the console, extra controllers and games. It is a unique and fun system. I actually play games like bowling and tennis with my son. He plays Zelda and red steel with his friends. He also goes over their house and plays Halo on their xbox.

You could also try renting the xbox for the weekend from blockbuster or a game exchange place. Rent it with some games and see if she really likes it. Don't forget there are going to be many many new games and advancements for the Wii in the future. It is a better system for a young girl than an xbox.

Just my 2 cents

My husband and I have both the 360 and the Wii, and in all honestly, I can't see that there is much that a young girl would want to be playing on the 360 - well, maybes Viva Pinata. You could perhaps get her a GameCube controller for the Wii and some GC games for it, and have her try those out before comdemning your Wii to another owner or returning it to the store.

If she is really set on having a 360, I would definitely try renting or borrowing one for a weekend - I honestly don't think she'd be interested for more than a few minutes. Good luck, and I hope you manage to find something that she likes! :D

She stayed at her cousins house this weekend and they played his all night. They played Project 8, something called Thrillville, and some X men games. She just doesn't like the controller for the Wii is the main thing. She said it was hard to get used to it and she thinks she would have more fun with the 360 since she can play all the old xbox games also. She never like the gamecude stuff or the "kiddie" games. Thanks guys and I will probably be throwing it on ebay.

Hopefully she will change her mind because I like the bowling and golf game!

No offense intended here, but as a step-father for almost 10 years I have some experience here. My kids (step) now almost 17 and 13. I'm also a High School teacher so I see things from a non-parental perspective.

Let me start by shocking many parents who might be reading this. Kids are spoiled beyond measure these days and by seeing their friends getting whatever they want, they expect the same. There's not a day go by where I don't hear at 10 kids say "you can't take my ipod/cell phone/camera etc from me, I have the right to use it during school". They know the rules, they sign that they will follow them, yet they don't expect to have to do so. Having had lunch-duty three times, it never amazed me when I told some kid to clean up their mess they'd say "WHY? That's your job" or "I don't even have to do that at home, why should I here" or "I'm hear to learn, not to clean".

Another fact: Kids want what their friends have. Doesn't mean that parents (you are a parent, not their friend) should give them what their friends have. It means you should teach (or in your case, retrain her) that lifes not fair, it never will be and be happy with what you do get.

Birth parents will never understand (or accept) that step-parents ARE treated differently by step-kids. No matter how early you came into their life, you will always be "not my parent". I'm not saying that it's a major, constant thought in their minds, but it still sub-consciously affects their proactive and reactive actions to you. There are things that my kids try to get away with with me, but will never do so with my wife (and vise versa). Things common with other peoples step kids I know, but not with other biologics.

I sympthize with her feelings about her father passing away. But that is no excuse for guilt tripping you into getting her something her friend has. You need to ask this simple question - If her Father was still alive, would you being trying to sell off the Wii and get her a 360? Toys are not a replacement for the loss of a loved one, DON'T TEACH HER THEY ARE! That's bad parenting, almost like feeding her sorrow with tons of junk food. Heck, if you start that path, you might as well start buying her alcohol (extreme but I hope you see my point).

My suggestion in this situation you have is this (and I've used it with my kids, my parents used it with me). If she doesn't want the expensive gift, tell her you'll take it back and get a refund/credit. Then when she's saved enough money for what she really wants, you'll combine her savings (you are teaching her to save/manage her own money) with the refunded money and she can use that to get what she wants.

That teaches her a few really important lessons. 1. You don't always get what you want when you want it. 2. You must learn to save money to get what you want. 3. Parents are not controlled by a child's whim.

Again, I'm not intending to be offensive, just observationally informative.

Good luck in what ever you choose and with your kids.

I spent a month looking for the wii and now I've reliased that $320 Wii + $60 Zelda is a lot of money for video games and that the Wii isn't all that exspensive its the extras that add up. I feel like if I bought a new bike or and effects pedal for my bass I would only have to pay for it once. I dunno I just want to get rid of it now, and I've had it for less than a week. Will they take it back ya think?

FastJunkie said:
I spent a month looking for the wii and now I've reliased that $320 Wii + $60 Zelda is a lot of money for video games and that the Wii isn't all that exspensive its the extras that add up. I feel like if I bought a new bike or and effects pedal for my bass I would only have to pay for it once. I dunno I just want to get rid of it now, and I've had it for less than a week. Will they take it back ya think?

What province of china do you have to live in to pay $320 for a wii?

And the 360 is a good way to teach your daughter how to blow **** up.

vagrant said:
What province of china do you have to live in to pay $320 for a wii?

And the 360 is a good way to teach your daughter how to blow **** up.

LMAOOO!!!!!

just to let you know there is only a few regular xbox games that the 360 can play 90% is unplayable. On the other hand thw wii can play all the wii and gamecube games. So you better think about that also you can search google to find out about the 360 not playing regular xbox games

Back