Where's the Zelda Hype?

I thought of getting it, but right now I'm really pissed at my DS. I calibrated the touch screen, and it came out a little wrong, so I tried to calibrate it again, which I was doing for 10 mins, then 20 mins, until I gave up. So when I touch, I never hit my mark, it always goes way to the left or something. Additionally, its got a faulty speaker, so that at a certain note, the sound starts cracking, unless I put the sound on max, which I hate. So, before I have a proper DS to play games with, I'm not getting this.

I have played the Demo of Hourglass and it isn't that good I can assure that it has it's downfalls.
The use of Touch oad controls has it's faults due to all movement being controlled in such a way and when moving in relevant ways the stylus and your hands block out a prodominant amount of the screen.

From what i have seen and played it is way too much like the SNES Zelda: A Link to the past and some may argue that A Link to the Past is still the best Zelda, however it has not progessed that much further, harder puzzles and different 'not new age' but updated controls is about all.

The thing that all critics will say and i whole heartedly agree that this game should have been made and released many, many months ago before the release of Twilight Princess and during the time of the 'Wind Waker-esque' cartoonish depictions of characters.

In my opinion only avid Zelda fans, and the 'casual' gamers, and those that do not own TP or those that do not own a Wii will be the only ones that will by this game.

This game was/will be delivered way too late hence it's sales will suffer, however if this were to be released 12 months ago before the Wii, when i believe it should have everyone would've been better of both in sales and gamer satisfaction.

I disagree with you greatly cookiemonsta. You bring up so good points, but I can assure you more than avid zelda fans will buy this game. Maybe not at first, but once the hype starts up, most likely after the game is released, poeple will take notice of it and want to get it. I'm not sure what makes you think it's a bad game because obviously 95% of Japan's gaming communitity disagrees with you as do I. We will just have to wait and see

mushroomedmario said:
im' buying a ds just for this game....or stealing my brother's....

either or

but i want to finish wind waker before this(cause it's a sequel isn't it?)

and before i start another zelda game i want to finish tp...

but im' really busy right now with no time to do that

The sequel are hardly proper sequels, all the zelda games are linked with each other and take place supposedly 6 months or so after the previous yet it starts as if nothing ever happened.

I'd buy this for DS, but I don't got DS, so i'll emulate it :)

I'm expecting this to be a great game. It looks really fun and it getting some good feedback from the gaming sites. I'm ready for the release.

i think its going to be a good game, but not the best zelda game of all time.
zelda tp is the best zelda game of all time. but im still thinking about getting phantom hourglass.

*GASP* I can't wait for this!! It's been on display at GameStop FOREVER. @>@

I wonder how on earth this could be a sequel, though....? Because... Of what happened with Ganon, and--ah heck, he always comes back. 9_9 <3

Hey, i have played a Demo versoin and not the full version and that's my own personal opinion of PH, personally i can't stand the controls, the graphics, etc.

i saw the game at gamecrazy and was like"Mom we gotta get it, we just gotta!" but i already decided to get my psp.:sick:

Back